Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a new bank account in a hostel

• 21-09-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I currently am living in a hostel on a permanent basis and need a bank account , I tried kbc and they told me that you cannot open an account in a hostel address , does anyone have any ideas in how I can get a bank account

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Can you say apartment number instead of room number, and just use the physical address of the hostel, not the name?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Klasse

Can you say apartment number instead of room number, and just use the physical address of the hostel, not the name?

I can , I guess, dont want to get into to much trouble though , if this option is not available what can I do ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You'll need proof of address for a bank account. Highly doubt you'll get that from a hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Klasse

apparently you can !!! i have passport & drivers licence , Gardai Age Card , Dole card

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

RossieMan wrote: »
    You'll need proof of address for a bank account. Highly doubt you'll get that from a hostel.

A social insurance document is suffcient for proof of address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If your driving licence has the correct address it can be used.

Something related to your social welfare payment/ revenue document can be accepted to if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,012 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

RossieMan wrote: »

Yes you can, once you've been there for a certain number of weeks, I think it's about five.

OP, why KBC? Have you tried any other banks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Advertisement