Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 7 plus

Options
  • 21-09-2016 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

hey any 7 plus owners here ?

im thinking of switching from a std 6 to 7 plus

would there be a big diff in the 2 phones

trying to justify buying one

Comments

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Apple-iPhone-7-Plus,Apple-iPhone-6-Plus/phones/9816,8908

The sound on the new 7 plus is streets ahead with stereo and superior range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

General consensus is that if you have anything including 6/6plus backwards, it's a worthy upgrade. I have to say iOS10 has made the "6" models very quick.

The camera steals the show. Most reviews state the 7 is a good upgrade but that the 7plus is a showstopper. Backed up by the huge demand on 7plus which even surprised Apple.

You'll be waiting a while to get your hands on a 7 plus through any of the networks so you have plenty of time to research!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

My iPhone 6 Plus broke beyond repair last week, before that I had no intention of upgrading as there didn't appear to be enough improvements to justify it. So I reluctantly emptied my piggy bank to buy a 7 plus... and wow!!! There's no single thing that makes it fantastic, it's a multitude of smaller things, the 3D Touch screen is like nothing you've used before, the speed and the sharpness of everything is streets ahead of anything else out there. As I said already, there's no single thing that makes this phone great, but after a few days using it I can say there's nothing out there that compares to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Now that the 7 is out, I'm wondering if the 6s will be reduced in price?

The better camera is of no interest to me - I'm a photographer and I own 4.

The removal of the headphone socket is a major bummer. I'm a sound nut and wear state-of-the-art phones with my iPod and existing iPhone. So, (adapter notwithstanding) that's a major drawback.

Therefore, a cheaper 6s has its appeal.

Anyone know if they're coming down in price?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Dinarius wrote: »
    Now that the 7 is out, I'm wondering if the 6s will be reduced in price?

The better camera is of no interest to me - I'm a photographer and I own 4.

The removal of the headphone socket is a major bummer. I'm a sound nut and wear state-of-the-art phones with my iPod and existing iPhone. So, (adapter notwithstanding) that's a major drawback.

Therefore, a cheaper 6s has its appeal.

Anyone know if they're coming down in price?

Thanks.

D.

they never do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

they never do

Ah, ok.

For some reason, I had this notion that the 128Gb 6s Plus (€889) used to be €900+.

Thanks.

D.

Ah, ok.

For some reason, I had this notion that the 128Gb 6s Plus (€889) used to be €900+.

Thanks.

D.

still a huge demand for 6s phones

these jokers on adverts selling iphone 7 plus for like 300-400 more than shop , their reasoning " because there is a 3-4 week delay from apple 😂😂😂 and ? not like they are sold out lol , i have the cash resting in my acc , just not sure i can justify the 600 on top of selling my 6 64gb thats my issue

Ah, ok.

Thanks.

D.

still a huge demand for 6s phones

these jokers on adverts selling iphone 7 plus for like 300-400 more than shop , their reasoning " because there is a 3-4 week delay from apple 😂😂😂 and ? not like they are sold out lol , i have the cash resting in my acc , just not sure i can justify the 600 on top of selling my 6 64gb thats my issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Ah, ok.

Thanks.

D.

No you're correct, they always make previous years models cheaper. No different this year.

128gb 6s plus was 999 until earlier this month, now its 889.

Advertisement