Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M50 around 2PM today

• 21-09-2016 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Was anyone else on the M50 earlier and seen this and know what was going on?

Firstly came on southbound from M50, just as you turn to join M1 traffic heading towards Ballymun firstly to meet a few cars stopped and a Garda motorcycle with blues on stopping everything. Some place to do it I might add, very dangerous for himself.

So stopped for 2 mins, then a rush of Garda bikes, then some Garda jeeps, then army jeep 1, followed by truck 1, then army jeep 2, truck 2, army jeep 3, then truck 3, then army jeep 4 then more Garda jeeps and bikes.

Now this came from southbound m1 and kept on going up until I left soundbound m50 J9. All along getting a rolling road block/isolation zone.

Then as I was turning off for J9, I look up and see one Garda helicopter and one army helicopter.

I'm guessing either money from airport, sterling from NI, seizure of some sort? What would justify all this activity!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Transferring money to the mint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Most likely Euro notes received from the airport, there's often similar convoy going from Central Bank printing facility in Sandyford to the airport.

Apple released a secret batch of 128gb iPhone 7 plus in jet black.
    Airport collection from cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Interesting, and I wonder would all three trucks be carrying cash or one or two a decoy, cause that's a serious amount of cash into the billions. Never knew there was a mint in Sandyford either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

TallGlass wrote: »
    Interesting, and I wonder would all three trucks be carrying cash or one or two a decoy, cause that's a serious amount of cash into the billions. Never knew there was a mint in Sandyford either.

The mint on Sandy Ford is the main storage for cash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Stheno wrote: »
    The mint on Sandy Ford is the main storage for cash

Looks huge, had a look on maps there. Interesting, has there ever been an incidents at the facility, do the army secure the place or Gardai I would imagine. Then again this is Ireland maybe G4S.

Looks huge, had a look on maps there. Interesting, has there ever been an incidents at the facility, do the army secure the place or Gardai I would imagine. Then again this is Ireland maybe G4S.

It's pretty secure I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Whereabouts is it?
    Which side of the M50?
    Is it near Microsoft

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

It's a big place all right.
    I've been in it a few times collecting stuff and there's a lot of security getting in and out but never managed to get past the security guards at reception
    (never had a need but would have liked to see inside).
    It's located on the Sandyford road near the IMI, not a million miles from Microsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Its here: https://goo.gl/maps/nmJghZBbadt

There is also an entrance off the road that runs parallel to the M50 out of Dundrum towards the Beacon area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

new batch of brown envelopes arriving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Probably far more security than is actually needed, but not a hope anyone is going to try anything with that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

With the amount of soldiers armed with Assault rifles in the convoy, I doubt they bother with decoys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

ironclaw wrote: »
    There is also an entrance off the road that runs parallel to the M50 out of Dundrum towards the Beacon area.

It might look like there is but that gate just goes into a field :)See here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

markpb wrote: »
    It might look like there is but that gate just goes into a field :)See here

That's what they want you to think! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

It was money from the airport. I was there yesterday while it was being loaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Money happens regularly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dzwx

that was my $ delivery alright :)

Advertisement