Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under-Floor Heating

• 21-09-2016 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm posting in relation to a house I am looking at which has under-floor heating and looking for info on these systems.

The ground floor of the house has under-floor heating ran off an oil system. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about UFH systems regards potential issues or what to look out for. Upstairs is a suspended concrete floor with Rads.

I asked the auctioneer and he said that the UFH downstairs isn't zoned by room, but you have options to switch the UFH/ rads/ water on independently of each other. He also said it was setup up with valves to allow zoning downstairs but this was never done and I've no idea how much this would cost to do in the future if required?

The house was built in around 2002 and comes with a C1 BER rating which I understand is good for a house it's age.

I understand, like any system, it's only as good as it was designed. My question is, is a system like this generally efficient? Also, is there anything I should be looking out for with regards issues and are these systems expensive to maintain/ repair if e.g. a pip bursts?

Any info or useful links appreciated.

Advertisement