Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card / cancelled transactions

Options
  • 22-09-2016 6:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We r on holidays in poland.When we arrived the hotel took out a pre authorisation of 350 on my partners card to secure the room. That money immediately went out of his account. Yesterday when I got my wages I went to pay for hotel so the girl at the desk took money out of card and that was fine. A few hrs later the same girl rang up and said there was a problem and cud I come down. She had taken the amount in euros it shud have been zlotys so she canceled the transaction and put the amount thru again.so effectively she took the same amount twice out of my account. None of the money has come back into our accounts and when we spoke to girl at desk she said it shud b thru after midnight. Because of all the mistakes she cancelled all transactions, wanting to start from scratch. So we now have over 1500 up in the air that we can't get at and we have found out now that it takes up to 3 working days for cancelled and pre authorisation to come back into the accounts.we are flying home tomorrow. So suffice to say hotel not going to be paid and were now strapped for cash for the rest of the holiday. A total and utter nightmare. What can we do????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Caroln wrote: »
    We r on holidays in poland.When we arrived the hotel took out a pre authorisation of 350 on my partners card to secure the room. That money immediately went out of his account. Yesterday when I got my wages I went to pay for hotel so the girl at the desk took money out of card and that was fine. A few hrs later the same girl rang up and said there was a problem and cud I come down. She had taken the amount in euros it shud have been zlotys so she canceled the transaction and put the amount thru again.so effectively she took the same amount twice out of my account.  None of the money has come back into our accounts and when we spoke to girl at desk she said it shud b thru after midnight. Because of all the mistakes she cancelled all transactions, wanting to start from scratch. So we now have over 1500 up in the air that we can't get at and we have found out now that it takes up to 3 working days for cancelled and pre authorisation to come back into the accounts.we are flying home tomorrow. So suffice to say hotel not going to be paid and were now strapped for cash for the rest of the holiday. A total and utter nightmare. What can we do????
    Good Morning Caroln, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie Firstly I am very sorry to hear that all of this has happened to you while on holidays. The cancelled payments will drop off your account, but as you were rightly told these can take 3 (up to five) working days to fully process. We do not have access to these funds yet as the hotel's bank rectify the incorrect payments, and regrettably we cannot expedite this timeframe. As soon as they are received by us from the hotels bank, we will adjust them from your account and your balance will correct.

Again, I really am so sorry that this has happened, and that we cannot offer you any alternative option.

Evie 

Advertisement