Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ

Options
  • 22-09-2016 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Anyone seen good deals on these? Webber would be great but any good quality gas grill is fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Hi, looking to ask the exact same question as above please. Word for word really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

Same here! I'm guessing it's not an ideal time of the year to be buying, but any deals on good gas BBQs out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Actually - I don't think its the best time - yet. Next month Homestyle & More will have a sale on BBQs then the others will join in (B&Q, Woodies, Homebase etc etc).

I got a 4 x burner outback in Homebase last summer for €279 (in the sale). Its currently priced at €450 ish (I was a bit shocked)

Webber are very good but over-priced. Outback are good quality (but in reality many brands are made in China and re-badged). you are looking at a 4-5 year investment and then replace.
    Good grilling plates are essential (cast iron or porcelain coated).
    Good luck

Bravobabe wrote: »
    you are looking at a 4-5 year investment and then replace

Woah! Thanks for the info btw but what's this bit about? That's pretty disappointing to spend 700 quid or whatever on something and then it packs it in after 4 years.

Why don't they last longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

Have any of these expected sales started yet? I've seen nothing

• Advertisement

Nope, not a sausage yet (pardon the pun). Starting to get impatient now myself coz last weekend would have been a nice weekend for a bit of grilling!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Big thread in the food forum which might have tips, usually on more expensive ones.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055542022

Woah! Thanks for the info btw but what's this bit about? That's pretty disappointing to spend 700 quid or whatever on something and then it packs it in after 4 years.

Why don't they last longer?

It depends how you look after them
    - clean them after each use
    - Store them is a dry location (shed etc)
    - prepare for winter etc.

However the Irish climate is very damp (just in case you didn't notice:D), even in summer your BBQ is going to get rained on. (Covers can help)

I'm on my 3rd gas bbq in about 20 odd years (only have the last one a year) - so maybe I'm a bit short on the lifespan, perhaps it should be 5-8 years.
    However I have noticed that they don't seem to last as long as they used to - cheaper materials and planned obsolesce/life span probably.

B&Q, Homebase & Woodies & Homestyle and more have a range of BBQs from about €250 to €450 (IMO is the upper limit).
    Then you go into Luxury models €700 - €2000 (consider how often you will use it).
    Homestyle currently have a sale on covers & I think the BBQs will be on sale at end of this month.
    Tinfoil trays can be used to reduce cleaning.

Anybody considered buying a BBQ firepit & chimney - you place your gas or charcoal or timber bbq inside it?
    see samples here
    http://www.turflawnsales.com/barbeques.151.html.

They look great

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kellyer13

• Advertisement
Advertisement