Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 29th Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I agree. These lights > https://www.aldi.ie/front-and-rear-led-bike-lights/p/072029062109500 are identical to those sold on Planet X for €5 and they're even less from Ali-express. They're the same light so ALDI are creaming it price wise.

I don't need any of their stuff this year thankfully.

Aldi (and Lidl) are creaming it on all their specials. Cycling clothing all made in China = dead cheap ex factory. Specials are all high margin items and also get people into the store to spend more.

The lights are very close copies of Moon lights. Good lights. I bought a set when in HK last year. Love the radiant glow off the back one.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I've been thinking of getting that turbo for the winter. I'd appreciate any recommendations on it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Wait, did that cyclist just give me the claw?!?!
    I tried to tell him to feck off. He said 'Peace to you too, brother'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I've been thinking of getting that turbo for the winter. I'd appreciate any recommendations on it!

I got it last year and its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Here you go AliExpress

Can be got for 3.77e free shipping.
    http://s.aliexpress.com/QZFvINjQ

I got two last year but they didn't withstand the irish weather so well and died on me less than a month of daily commutingI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

this is what i have my eye on...anyone ever buy one before any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Saw a Garmin Edge 25 in Aldi in Galway, priced €80 - wondering if this is a good price or worth changing over from wirelss computer?

It could be an item left over from a previous period as it seems the other cycles accessories are not there until end of coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Can be got for 3.77e free shipping.
    http://s.aliexpress.com/QZFvINjQ

I got two last year but they didn't withstand the irish weather so well and died on me less than a month of daily commutingI

I've been using mine commuting for a year and still works great! Though I expect it to fail spectacularly after posting this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Maidhci wrote: »
    Saw a Garmin Edge 25 in Aldi in Galway, priced €80 - wondering if this is a good price or worth changing over from wirelss computer?

It could be an item left over from a previous period as it seems the other cycles accessories are not there until end of coming week.

Great piece of kit at a super price, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Maidhci wrote:

They were reduced to 49 in aldi limerick a few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Aldi finglas has muc off stuff on the shelf now btw

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭casion3

I have one in my hallway for a couple of years, free standing with a bike on the top section, none on the bottom. It leans against the wall and is designed like that.

If you look closely at the picture you will see how the stand leans back about 10 inches from the "feet" meaning that it wants to fall backwards, against the wall.

. :(

It'd looks pretty decent alright, I have no was of fixing it to wall either, would be more worried about it falling over to the side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Anyone used one of their merino mid layers? Thinking of picking one of those up, endeavouring to only buy something I might actually use rather than something I just think "might conceivably be handy to have someday." May pick up some socks too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i was walking around aldi for a few minutes yesterday wondering 'where the hell is all the cycling gear' before the penny dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

i was walking around aldi for a few minutes yesterday wondering 'where the hell is all the cycling gear' before the penny dropped.

I have done the same thing, but was in the wrong store, Lidl instead of Aldi. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

jon1981 wrote: »
    I've been using mine commuting for a year and still works great! Though I expect it to fail spectacularly after posting this :D

I've had my Aldi one in my winter/wet bike fit the last 18 months and it's been soaked numerous occasions but still functions 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I find arm length tend to be short on all their long sleve cycling tops esp for reaching over on handlebars. Having said that it's been a number of years since I bought gear in there so maybe it has gotten better. Either that or I'm a monkey.

dunworth1 wrote: »

I wonder will the Galway branch price also drop to €49?

I wonder do Aldi stores price individual stock items that do not appear to move or is it done centrally, if the latter, it could be just a question of the old price tag not being removed? Will check it out if I am in there in the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I wonder do Aldi stores price individual stock items that do not appear to move or is it done centrally, if the latter, it could be just a question of the old price tag not being removed? Will check it out if I am in there in the coming week.

i have a pic of the Garmin 25 reduced if you want to chance your arm

i have a pic of the Garmin 25 reduced if you want to chance your arm

Thanks but it shouldn't be necessary - will check it out next time I'm in the store, if they are still in stock, I will ask for a price check.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is there a difference between the Muc-off wet lube that's sold online and this one that's call urban wet lube?
    Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

I was asking about this in Aldi Edenderry the other day, apparently price drops like the one with the garmin 25 are at the discretion of the manager once something has been unsold for 16 weeks, some managers discount aggressively others don't, eventually head office will do a nationwide price drop to clear any remaining stock, the price will drop in all stores then. No idea of the timeline for that though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

sullivlo wrote: »
    I got it last year and its grand.

Are there resistance settings on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Same in Killarney. I was watching them for a while , when I saw the 49.99 I nearly passed out with excitement!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Those arm warmers aren't particularly cheap, or good. I've bought them in the past and all fell apart at the seams within weeks of purchase.

I've been using Aldi winter cycling gloves about six or seven years now and I'd swear by them, but every year I miss the lobster gloves ~ anyone got any opinion on these?.

Their cycling socks are always worth a purchase, very warm and comfy. I love 'em.

Someone asked about the overshoes, don't bother. Like the arm warmers mine fell apart at the seams within weeks. I've been using Altura oversea's (Halfords) for the last few winters and they're grand, cheap too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

I've been using Aldi winter cycling gloves about six or seven years now and I'd swear by them, but every year I miss the lobster gloves ~ anyone got any opinion on these?.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101136787&postcount=28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cheers, must have flown under my radar.

I'll try pick up a pair early tomorrow. I imagine they'll be great for my hybrid/commuter bike, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

fryup wrote: »
    this is what i have my eye on...anyone ever buy one before any good??

I don't think they've ever had a jacket/jersey like that before. I'm interested in it too, it's just a pity about the colour. Black or something darker would have been better as it's likely to get dirty over winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I don't think they've ever had a jacket/jersey like that before. .

I have one very similar. Keeps the water nice and warm on my hot water tank ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I don't think they've ever had a jacket/jersey like that before. I'm interested in it too, it's just a pity about the colour. Black or something darker would have been better as it's likely to get dirty over winter.

no i think the colour scheme is cool, i'd even wear it casually

Advertisement