Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 29th Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I generally avoid dark coloured cycling clothing (well not so much trousers but certainly tops) so I would be interested in that if it was a good fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

Dunno if this is throughout all Aldi stores or maybe a local misprice but I bought 2 of these base layers this morning in Ashbourne. They were priced at €19.99 on the shelf and they seem to be €19.99 on the web site but they scanned at €9.99 each.

https://www.aldi.ie/men%27s-seamless-cycling-base-layer/p/071274067806301

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

down to Aldi in Celbridge at 8.05 only to discover not open til 9am
    so popped into Palmerstown on the commute route with a view to getting the overshoes and waterproof socks
    didn't bother with overshoes as the loop under is fixed and very likely to rip (much better with velcro fastening)
    the w/proof socks seemed too thick as i need plenty of room in my wide shoes to prevent the old Mortons neuroma's acting up:(

got a bottle of Mucoff and a pair of std socks(found these very good in the past)

btw does anyone use w/proof socks? do they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I got the performance winter jacket. Nice jacket, seems very well made and is a very good fit. Bit too mild to try it out yet but no doubt the colder weather isnt too far away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Kop Idol wrote: »
    Dunno if this is throughout all Aldi stores or maybe a local misprice but I bought 2 of these base layers this morning in Ashbourne. They were priced at €19.99 on the shelf and they seem to be €19.99 on the web site but they scanned at €9.99 each.

9.99 in Drogheda also :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Red_Open

Did anyone see the women's bib tights in Dublin? Couldn't find them in my local aldi. Plenty of mens but none of the women's performance stuff at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Red_Open wrote: »
    Did anyone see the women's bib tights in Dublin? Couldn't find them in my local aldi. Plenty of mens but none of the women's performance stuff at all.

None in Finglas anyway

Are there resistance settings on it?

Mine has, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Yea the base was 9.99 in Finglas and Belgard
    Picked up two
    Finglas had a crowd of vultures in there this morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

is it the merino base thats 19.99 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Pity the performance jacket doesn't come in small . I wonder if it's small fitting
    I picked up the cheaper hi viz one in small and it's fairly tight on chest but grand provided you're not dressed like an onion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Just out of the aldi in sandyford, goddam feeding frenzy in there but got everything I went in for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

What are those DUAL lights like @4.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Anyone see the 19.99 aluminium led lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

jon1981 wrote: »

They're the COB lights, they're available on AliExpress for less than half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

devonp wrote: »
    btw does anyone use w/proof socks? do they work?
    I have last years. Seemed to work, to the degree they do work (i.e. still runs down your leg and in). They are warm, but aren't very breathable though. No issue with the thickness, but my shoes are a little big, so that wouldn't be an issue.

Haven't felt the need to upgrade, but then I'm firmly in the stay warm rather than dry (and this winter I'm planning on staying on the turbo rather than getting wet if it's bad!).

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

devonp wrote: »
    is it the merino base thats 19.99 ?

No, its the normal Polyamide/Polyester (see the original link).

There isn't any Merino 'base' as such at €19.99 ? Only what they call a 'Merino Men's Long-Sleeved Sports Top' or the 'Merino Sports Midlayer' which is €29.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

They're the COB lights, they're available on AliExpress for less than half that.

My google powers must be weak, i couldn't find them, have you a link?

No, its the normal Polyamide/Polyester (see the original link).

There isn't any Merino 'base' as such at €19.99 ? Only what they call a 'Merino Men's Long-Sleeved Sports Top' or the 'Merino Sports Midlayer' which is €29.99.

The long sleeve sports top is merino and I'd describe it as a base

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

jon1981 wrote: »

Got a pair of them for €40.00 in Aldi "EastWall" this morning at 10:45 ( maybe 6 left of each) . wow they are very bright :D

Also got 2 sets of the lower spec ones @ €14.99 .. put the 6 lights on the bike my eyes still have to adjust:cool:

So for €70 I got six lights ,..I know these "Moon Lights" can be got cheaper online but handy to get my hands on them today.

**Given that I was just about to purchase a pair of see.sense icon plus @ €200 ....but these will more than meet my needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Has anyone seen any under saddle bags in lidl or aldi in the Dublin area recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Has anyone seen any under saddle bags in lidl or aldi in the Dublin area recently?

They were rounded up by the style police and thrown into a great big fire somewhere in Kildare..

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

two oul biddies filling a trolley in Terenure this morning with cycling gear from an ordered list, looked like a club stock run or something. kind of annoyed me have to say, not very fair on others but such is the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

two oul biddies filling a trolley in Terenure this morning with cycling gear from an ordered list, looked like a club stock run or something. kind of annoyed me have to say, not very fair on others but such is the way...

I remember a few years during the morning of another Aldi cycling special there was a woman doing the same thing... she had a long list and was filling up a trolley.

But what she didn't realise was that when she had her back turned to get more items, other people were just taking the stuff out of trolley! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

I remember a few years during the morning of another Aldi cycling special there was a woman doing the same thing... she had a long list and was filling up a trolley.

But what she didn't realise was that when she had her back turned to get more items, other people were just taking the stuff out of trolley! :D:D:D

I have seen on a couple of occasions people being refused when they tried to buy large amounts of 'specials' in Aldi. I believe there is a provision for this in their terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Same in Killarney. I was watching them for a while , when I saw the 49.99 I nearly passed out with excitement!!! ;)

Checked out the price again today in the Galway store, unfortunately, no change from the €80! One of the store managers thought it unlikely that they would reduce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well, i got the grey jacket, socks, dual lights, wearable lights and woolly cap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The quality of this seasons gear is really good, a vast improvement over previous years.

I picked up the lobster gloves as well as the winter gloves as a spare to my usual gloves.

Also picked up the wool hat, my ears are always freezing in winter and this is light enough to go under my helmet and they'll cover my ears too.

The next warmer is brilliant, I bought that for riding my motorcycle.

The arm warmers seem good too, but they're bloody tiny.

And socks too, lots of socks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭alexinkildare

I had to get XL in the arm and leg warmers. the rechargeable lights seem pretty good too. I'll tip out when its dark. If I see where I'm going and dont get knocked down then happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Picked up one of each of the Muc Offs, a Jacket and a set of leg warmers. Hopefully that'll cover the winter

Advertisement