Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

going for social care

• 22-09-2016 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place.
    Hi everyone, so I'm looking for some tips,advice. And any other information that might help.
    So 4 years ago I left the working in the construction industry after ten years. I always had a interest in healthcare i.e. paramedics social care. I was on social welfare and an opportunity came up for doing a ce scheme with Irish wheelchair association. I spent one year there and I actually enjoyed it as a personal assistant. Especially when I got to know different mental or disabilities. I finished up and done a fetal level 5 in nursing while during that time I started with civil defence. Trained up to CFR and waiting now on EFR. Recently a friend of mine asked me would I have an interest in social care working with out of control children. After a lengthy conversation I got more interested in it and he had words with his regional manager about having a chat with me. This opportunity is a life changing experience for me considering I spent all my career on the buildings. Weakness ofcourse is no degree in social care. I have two girls aged 7 and 3 and to be honest as most of you know. It's a degree itself. As I said this has started 4 years ago and I do not want to get off this rollercoaster.
    ThanksðŸ˜

Comments

Advertisement