Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin media contract confirmation Mistake for cancellations.

• 22-09-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Got a mail from Virgin media saying that in an investigation, Comreg found that 26,046 of virgin customers were not provided confirmation of contract .
    Virgin Media is obliged by law to provide its customers with a confirmation of their contract on a durable medium.

Got an offer from them for 6 months half price and upgrade in speed , when wanted to cancel the service.Not sure if i will take it.

All those 26,046 ppl keep an eye on youe mail and email boxes for virgin mails.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I got that email. How do I go from that, to half price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Does this error allow you to cancel contract without penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Does this error allow you to cancel contract without penalty?

Would be interested in hearing if you can cancel as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Yes, all customers affected by VM mistake are allowed for 14 days cooling off period, so anyone may cancel their contract within 14 days of receipt of email

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gun8844

Contracts can be cancelled without any penalty , If you are one of those affected.
    Contact their Cancellation or cust loyalty dept on 1908.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

got the email this morning too, just called 1908 and got another 6 months half price :p

I previously got 6 months half price from Jan-July this year also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Good stuff. I am currently on 9 months half price which ends in november. Then have 3 more months full price. Might give them a ring and see if I can get another few months half price. I assume it ties you back into a 12 month contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

beanian wrote: »
    got the email this morning too, just called 1908 and got another 6 months half price :p

havent had an e-mail but I am out of contract, looking to upgrade to the 360mb , do you reckon I would get a deal on this

havent had an e-mail but I am out of contract, looking to upgrade to the 360mb , do you reckon I would get a deal on this

yeah absolutely, this is my 3rd half price for 6 months offer since Jan 2015:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

beanian wrote:
    got the email this morning too, just called 1908 and got another 6 months half price

beanian wrote:

Is this a new 12 month contract? Did you straight out ask for a discount or how did you go about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

What dyas say to them about this email to get another 6 months half price? Threaten to leave? I'm bad at this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

What dyas say to them about this email to get another 6 months half price? Threaten to leave? I'm bad at this!
    Now you have it;) Although you could just say that under the Ts&Cs (cooling off period) you are exercising your right to terminate your current contract. You'll be on 6mths @ 1/2 price in the time it takes you to boil a kettle.

Consider it done... I did the same thing last time when they increased my monthly fee by €5 a month but I didn't think much of it when I saw the email come in this morning. Let the good times roll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Would only offer me 4 months going to call again tomorrow

Is this a new 12 month contract? Did you straight out ask for a discount or how did you go about it?

Yes, its a new 12 month contract. I said I was going to move to sky, new sky q box blah blah blah. They offered 4 months at first , said can they do 6. He checked and saw i have been with them since 2007 then said yes they can do 6 months.

I only got 4 months half price out of them and then €5 off for an additional 2 months... I'm 8 months into a contract that included 6 months half price so happy enough. No doubt they'll give me something else to look for a discount on soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

dam it,no email!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

brightkane wrote: »
    dam it,no email!

me neither, even logged into my virgin to see if I'd a message, raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Just got 9 months half price off them on the 360 meg broadband
    Mentioned the sky deal of 55
    Was offered 4 first then 6 then 9

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Is everyone that's ringing up getting new deals, did you all get the email mentioned in the OP?

Still no email here on my end :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Id chance saying you got the email how would they know

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just got 9 months half price off them on the 360 meg broadband
    Mentioned the sky deal of 55
    Was offered 4 first then 6 then 9

what is the sky 55 euro offer?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Just got the emal in the last few minutes. Will ring up towards the end of the 14 day cooling off period as still on the 9 month half price (7 months in)...got to ride this for all its worth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Just called.
    Upgrade from 120Mb to 240Mb with new Compal modem(I'm assured it can Bridge).
    New Horizon TV box (hope I don't regret this).
    Phone (Don't need this but whatever)

Lifetime €10 pm discount.
    Further €25 pm discount for first 9 months.

Just finished my 6 months half price @€;38 pm.
    Now €45 pm for 9 months and €70 for final 3 months.
    Not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

anyone know the best way to get directly to the loyalty team? the old direct number is gone and the person I talked to on 1908 wan't having any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

anyone know the best way to get directly to the loyalty team? the old direct number is gone and the person I talked to on 1908 wan't having any of it.

I rang 1908, after putting in account number it asked if I was calling in relation to the recent email then to press 1 - that put me straight through to loyalty team.

Was offered 4 months half price, asked for 6 and no hesitation to give me it. Grand job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Amouar

Good stuff. I am currently on 9 months half price which ends in november. Then have 3 more months full price. Might give them a ring and see if I can get another few months half price. I assume it ties you back into a 12 month contract?

I'm on the same offer and received the email today. Did you manage to get a new discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭crustybread

Can someone please tell me roughly when they signed up originally? Was expecting an email but none as of yet?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

Can someone please tell me roughly when they signed up originally? Was expecting an email but none as of yet?:confused:

I signed up around 6 months ago. Last time it took forever on the phone to try get a good deal. Think this time I'll cancel and go for that Sky deal for €55... seems like a better deal than Virgins best offer on this thread so far i.e. €45 to 9 months and €70 for last 3.

Over the year
    Sky = €660
    Virgin - €615

For the sake of €45 a year would it not be best to avoid the stress and have better channels?

Advertisement