Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin media contract confirmation Mistake for cancellations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ouch!! 255K

Yeah, and at the end of the day we the customer will pay for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

justice is served,feckers got me twice this year,once with crap deal on price increase,second time on billing me twice-so yeah gonna ring for deal 6 months this time,and if wont get it then will shop around at worst will signup someone else as new user,if will need to go that road ;)

also does anyone know if you get to keep router ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Anyone chance their arm with no email?!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I paid them 200euro to break contract 6weeks ago and get rid of TV and go BB only and received this email today. Very annoyed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

I paid them 200euro to break contract 6weeks ago and rceived this email today. Very annoyed

Just call up to get refunded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I paid them 200euro to break contract 6weeks ago and rceived this email today. Very annoyed

Well the contract wasn't valid. So look fit it back out the them to the small claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭confusicus

Got 9 months half price when calling to cancel today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

confusicus wrote: »

They wouldn't budge from 6 months for me.
    85 euro package +11 for multi room.
    Also sending out the new white modem. Guess they've completely giving up on the router in the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭confusicus

They wouldn't budge from 6 months for me.
    85 euro package +11 for multi room.
    Also sending out the new white modem. Guess they've completely giving up on the router in the horizon

Weird, I'm on the max bundle too but without the multiroom. Had to negotiate hard, and she talked to her manager for abotu 5 minutes.

I was quoting sky deals etc to her too. Eventually she offered the 9 months half price on a 12 month contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

confusicus wrote: »
    did you do much convincing to quit,also how long with VM and any other packages besides bb ? since after last increase got only 3 months half,when many managed to get 6 and some 9 months.guess will see 2morrow how it goes,since speed is good but barely worth paying 60e per month for just BB.
    edit :see you answered most questions thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I paid them 200euro to break contract 6weeks ago and get rid of TV and go BB only and received this email today. Very annoyed

Contact virgin and see what they say, if you get no joy from virgin.
    You can contact your bank and get the DD refunded under sepa DD rules, you can reverse a DD up to eight weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

I didn't receive email yet, does anybody call without email and got luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

this is a great BA. My current deal is 58 pm (bb + basic TV) so I'll be happy if I can wangle 6 months free from them. I'm calling today. With the fine they must be pretty keen not to lose out on too many customers, even though it's only a drop in the ocean.

Important to state that you want the price guaranteed for the duration of the contract - ie the price can't go above €58 (for me) without them breaking the contract again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I got the mail, but i want to keep the BB as there is none faster or reliable, the tv , however can go.

I rang and for BB and phone only its normally 50 euros, but she took a tenner off for 6 months.

Now Im thinking that isnt such a good deal????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭jeffk

I got the mail, but i want to keep the BB as there is none faster or reliable, the tv , however can go.

I rang and for BB and phone only its normally 50 euros, but she took a tenner off for 6 months.

Same here

On the phone to a Sinead and not one bit pleasant :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have 240mb Anytime World and got half price for 6 months. Worth another try?

Oh also they threw in the new router too, being delivered today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

maximoose wrote: »

What number did you guys ring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

maximoose wrote: »

I decided to ring rather than wait until the end of the 14 days.

I was currently on 9months half price 240mb, Anytime world.
    Best they could offer me was 6 months half price- said I couldn't do 2 x 9months back to back.
    They threw in the new router and I asked for and received 2 months Sky Sports HD free.

So I said fair enough and signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Just rang them, told them i want to exercise my right to cancel the contract within cooling off period of 14 days due to the information in this email. The rep immediately offered a 4 months half price, i insisted in 6 months and in less than a minute she agreed. Worth a try...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Amouar

My discount will end on November, therefore I might not call them now and rather wait until the end of my contract on February.
    If I call them now and get 6 months half price, I will lose the remaining 2 months half price of my current contract, therefore it will technically be a 4 months half price rather than 6 months half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Got 6mths half price again:-) thanks op, talk was quick and lady was verry helpful not like last time when I was calling few mths ago

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rock2009

jeffk wrote: »
    Same here

On the phone to a Sinead and not one bit pleasant :mad:

I'm on the phone here to Sinead, she is not very pleasant to deal with I have to say, but in the end she agreed to offer me 6 months for half price. you just need to be persistent with her and tell her that there is better deal they can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭jeffk

rock2009 wrote: »
    I'm on the phone here to Sinead, she is not very pleasant to deal with I have to say, but in the end she agreed to offer me 6 months for half price. you just need to be persistent with her and tell her that there is better deal they can do.

Onto another girl now, 30 off for four months

Said about Sinead offering someone half price and didnt offer me, then got about oh customers could be spending more with us longer etc

120 better than 60 I Suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

rock2009 wrote: »

Hilarious - I was just on phone with someone too who got extremely stroppy with me.

Asked how did I know that similar customers were getting 6 months rather than 4. :):)

Got 6 months in the end and a new modem.

Thanks OP

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Raging I didn't get the email!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Anyone tried without getting an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Don't settle for anything less that 9 months half price! They give this out regularly to people who are just out of contract, I myself got 12 months half price.

Seen as comreg ruled against them you have a much better bargaining position if you have received the email!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Don't settle for anything less that 9 months half price! They give this out regularly to people who are just out of contract, I myself got 12 months half price.

Seen as comreg ruled against them you have a much better bargaining position if you have received the email!

That will depend on your previous contract amounts I presume. Obviously someone with a max package will have more room to haggle.
    I tried the 9@1/2 and 3@full but the max I could get was 6@1/2 and 6@full.
    I was talking to Martha who was helpful, had a bit of a joke at the start which kept the conversation in high spirit, got her to check with her supervisor with a few options, because I wasn't barking at her, she didn't mind helpling and the best outcome for me was the above.
    Now, she did warn me that because I have availed of a few of these offers, I probably won't get similar offers next time I'm due an upgrade. I'll cross that bridge when I get there....

Advertisement