Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin media contract confirmation Mistake for cancellations.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Are you guys having to sign up to new 12 month contract to get these discounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Yes, taking any of these deals is entering a new contract....other option is to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

did call this morning while in bed and thx op you saved me 180 total for next 6 months :)

was surprised to see call actually went to Irish call center,woman on the phone was nice and all.I went for straight cancellation since received letter and wasn't happy,so she offered 4 months half price,but said make it 6 and its a deal.got confirmation letter and all after 2 minutes.

When first increase went in this year got 4 months half-but managed to negotiate that to get 360 and new router of them so deal worked out same price plus increase in speed and new router.

So imagine for anyone who got letter ,getting 6 months shouldn't be an issue at half price,while they have a clue that people most likely call just to get this BA now,but either way unless your real power user on BB speed there's nothing to lose,if you dont like deal ask to get cancellation email sent in,and you still got period of two weeks or until your account clears for the month to pick another ISP since,if news like that broken out earlier most ISP's would went for grabs on new customers.

yes thats entering new contract for another 12 months,but say if you gotten 6 months half,you already saved up,so next year around same time,id imagine there might be less chance to get better deal but year is long time,so eir, and other companies might actually start catching up speed wise,and even if price increase comes in again come january you still would lose like extra 30-50e before end of contract,and that again would give one leverage to shop for better deal,can they increase price again without terminating contracts is a good question thou,but from what i gather if person is in contract they cant do that without letting people opt out from it,since they signed up for x amount x time contract,and this is the outcome VM had without doing proper notice since they did last increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Rang up this morn & said I wanted 9 months at half price. Mentioned sky and this thread. She put me on hold for 2mins, came back & said yes that fine.

Don't settle for anything less. Do the same next yr when they bump up their prices. You'll always be paying half price 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

well 9 months seems really pushing it,then again some people have better negotiating skills.So if your nothing to lose then 9mo or nothing,since people on phone seem nice now,so no need to beat around bush,once offered deal make your own and if they dont give it just ask for confirmation,since imagine after week passes and they will have rough estimate in user loss damages,they might not be so keen on giving better deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭droidman123

My 6 months at half price just ended last month,so i rang them and said i was going to sky,i was offered 4 months half price, so i said give me 6 months at half price and i will stay,she agreed,so effectively i am getting one full year at half price,the timing of the email worked out perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

Should I have received this contract in email? I only signed up in June and dont remember anything received.

McSween wrote: »
    Should I have received this contract in email? I only signed up in June and dont remember anything received.

Yes you should of recieved either a hard copy through the post or an email,otherwise they are in breach of contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

Yes you should of recieved either a hard copy through the post or an email,otherwise they are in breach of contract

Thanks. I really dont know if I did or not. Maybe they are doing emails in batches for different sign ups

Edit. It lolks like i did. It is text as part of an email. Has cooling off period etc in it

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Was slightly odd to be having the conversation with an Irish lass after previous experiences!
    She offered four months with a 20 euro discount initially. They really, really didn't want to give me anything more but pushed for the six months half price and after a minute on hold got that. She said this was positively the last time they would be doing it :)
    I *hate* having to make these sort of calls, but saving €180 for five minutes of squirming really is a good user of your time.

• Advertisement

McSween wrote: »

If you only signed up in June I don't think you'll be getting the email. I think their fcuk up only happened at the end of last yr, beginning of this. I may be wrong though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

did a search there, I renewed end of January and received confirmation order email, damn it! lol but actually don't want to sign up to a new contract with them. Thinking of getting a tv box and just going with whomever has best broadband package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Pretty sure I received a confirmation email but I got this email anyway. Rang them, spoke to Pamela. She looked at my account and didn't think there was any chance I'd get any more that the 4 months they were offering but I persevered and got 6.

She did tell me (in a roundabout way) I should report every glitch with the service as that can lead to people getting better offers. She also said that they had taken on board the feedback about the foreign call centre and that the majority of calls are now going through Limerick, the figure of 90% was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

what if i didnt receive email yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

4real wrote: »
    what if i didnt receive email yet?

It only applies to a short time period, not to all customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I tried as best I could, but only managed to get 4 months at half price as I have broadband and phone only. He said there was no way he could give me the 6 months half price as that was on TV packages only and they were only offering 9 months half price in extreme circumstances! Also managed to get a new modem FOC. All in all not bad for a 5 min phone call. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

I got 6 months half price and new modem happy enough with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I was only offered 4 months half price and told 9 months isn't available for all customers, won't be enough to keep me with them so I'm off to SKY.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

4 months here too
    Still have 1 month left on my current 6 months off
    So effectively I would only get 3 months Half price and then 9 months full price

At that rate I am better off to stay on current contract and renew atits anniversary

Or as other has pointed out - go to SKY - Although the best deal I can see on SKY though is 55€ PM for 12 months (Sky Apartment)?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

geecee wrote: »
    4 months here too
    Still have 1 month left on my current 6 months off
    So effectively I would only get 3 months Half price and then 9 months full price

At that rate I am better off to stay on current contract and renew atits anniversary

Or as other has pointed out - go to SKY - Although the best deal I can see on SKY though is 55€ PM for 12 months (Sky Apartment)?

The new discount starts from now so if you have already got 5 months half price and are now getting offered 4 months it means you will have had 9 months at half price and then 9 months at full. From talking to them if you play down your need for broadband and just say you are comparing 12 months total cost with Sky it gives you a bit more leverage. I managed to get 6 months half price from doing it that way...

• Advertisement

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I tried as best I could, but only managed to get 4 months at half price as I have broadband and phone only. He said there was no way he could give me the 6 months half price as that was on TV packages only and they were only offering 9 months half price in extreme circumstances! Also managed to get a new modem FOC. All in all not bad for a 5 min phone call. Thanks OP!

Nonsense. I'm phone & broadband, I got 9 months half price. Ring them back

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Rang and got 6x25 and 6x50euro

Downgraded from 360 to 240 MB and back to local calls only

That 360 made no difference to me and use mobile for all calls anyway

Next 12 months outlay gone from 720 to 450!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

did anyone try without receiving the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

4real wrote:
    did anyone try without receiving the email?

You've no cancellation leverage without email. Otherwise you pay 200 to cancel mid year

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

jay0109 wrote: »
    Just got the emal in the last few minutes. Will ring up towards the end of the 14 day cooling off period as still on the 9 month half price (7 months in)...got to ride this for all its worth!

Same here, there's few things I enjoy more than getting good deals out of UPC/VM!

How long does it take to get the email with your new contract? I negotiated a 6 month half price deal this morning but i havnt recieved the new contract email yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

maximoose wrote: »
    I have 240mb Anytime World and got half price for 6 months. Worth another try?

Oh also they threw in the new router too, being delivered today.

cheers, rang back , mentioned sky 55 package and got half price for 4 months, not quite as good as you, but better than previous offer

then rang sky, and got the full package, movies , sports etc for €52 for 12 months, 12 month contract :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

cheers, rang back , mentioned sky 55 package and got half price for 4 months, not quite as good as you, but better than previous offer

then rang sky, and got the full package, movies , sports etc for €52 for 12 months, 12 month contract :D:D:D

so you got sky original tv,,movies and sports for 52 per month with broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭scrummonkey

Just off phone. got 6 months half price, new horizon box, upgrade bb and new modem, on new 12 month contract. Fair enough. (Lady I spoke with was adamant that there were no 9 month half price deals and that the posts on Boards regarding same were untrue ! make of that what you will. )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    so you got sky original tv,,movies and sports for 52 per month with broadband?

no , no broadband

Advertisement