Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin media contract confirmation Mistake for cancellations.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

It was March I signed up.No email.They did try ringing me last week,they were using an autodialer I reckon.I answered the call and nobody spoke.Googled the number and it was vm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

degzs wrote: »
    So how much is everyone paying ?

I got 6 months for € 46.75 and € 73.50 for the last 6 months. I have phone ANYTIME WORLD, BB 240MB and basic TV still on the old box didn’t move to horizon as heard bad stories.

I have a felling I could do better?

I have a similar package as you. Received deal last March. No month has had the same price like virgin promised. Bills have been from €9.70-€74.98 & those prices were defiantly not promised when I renegotiated last price. Works out so far at €49 a month but due to increase as I near the next 6 month period.

I have to ring them before Thursday when sky's €55 a month deal expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Did you guys managed to get the deal from Manilla or Irish call center?

I was through the Irish call center and the guy didn't want to give me a new 9 months half price discount, and only agreed to send me a new modem. Needless to say, I declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Amouar wrote: »
    Did you guys managed to get the deal from Manilla or Irish call center?

I was through the Irish call center and the guy didn't want to give me a new 9 months half price discount, and only agreed to send me a new modem. Needless to say, I declined.

I was just off phone, got 6 months half price extended from when my original offer is up in Nov. For an extra 5euro I can get the 360BB

mad m wrote: »
    I was just off phone, got 6 months half price extended from when my original offer is up in Nov. For an extra 5euro I can get the 360BB

I'm just off the phone now, they said it's impossible to give the discount from the day the original offer is up in Nov, as the system won't accept that. She gave me 6 months half price starting from today and a new compal modem aswell.

• Advertisement

I'm just off the phone now, they said it's impossible to give the discount from the day the original offer is up in Nov, as the system won't accept that. She gave me 6 months half price starting from today and a new compal modem aswell.

Sure then its only 4months extended not 6...Sneeky

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just off the phone with Manilla. Accent is very difficult to understand. Really puts me off calling them to be honest, but that may be the intention!

I'm on 240mb broadband and phone, was going to be 50 this month. Reduced by 50% for 4 months.

Initially tried to offer me a tenner off per month, which I declined, mentioning 50%. After several long holds I got 50% off for 4 months. It seems 6 months if for people with broadband, phone, and tv maybe?

Anyway, saved myself a bit of money, so thanks.

MarkR wrote: »
    Just off the phone with Manilla. Accent is very difficult to understand. Really puts me off calling them to be honest, but that may be the intention!

I'm on 240mb broadband and phone, was going to be 50 this month. Reduced by 50% for 4 months.

Initially tried to offer me a tenner off per month, which I declined, mentioning 50%. After several long holds I got 50% off for 4 months. It seems 6 months if for people with broadband, phone, and tv maybe?

Anyway, saved myself a bit of money, so thanks.

I called twice and always got though Irish call center.
    I have BB and phone , not TV, and got 6 months after she initially offered me 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

I signed up in January for a new contract (broadband, phone), but didn't get an email. Did anyone who didn't get an email successfully get a new discount? Wonder if its worth chancing my arm as contract was within the period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I'm just off the phone. I've just finished 9 months loyalty discount based on that they can only offer me 4 months.
    I told them I would think about it and call them back.
    I'll call them back and try and cancel to see if they up their offer. Ultimately Sky offer 12 months at 55 PM which is 660 per year and Virgin with 4 months half price works out at 880 so big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭dodzy

What's the opinions on the standalone modem people are getting? Is it just for the 360 or are people opting for is as opposed to the horizon integrated offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

crazyderk wrote: »
    I'm just off the phone. I've just finished 9 months loyalty discount based on that they can only offer me 4 months.
    I told them I would think about it and call them back.
    I'll call them back and try and cancel to see if they up their offer. Ultimately Sky offer 12 months at 55 PM which is 660 per year and Virgin with 4 months half price works out at 880 so big difference.

Sky charge 16 euro for multi room and 15 for HD. Their prices add up fast. Make sure that you compare apples with apples

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

ted1 wrote: »
    Sky charge 16 euro for multi room and 15 for HD. Their prices add up fast. Make sure that you compare apples with apples

Ye I know, you get more for your money with VM with the better BB and more channels plus some HD, its more of a tool I'm using to try and renegotiate.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

I just got off the phone from them. They would only offer me 4 months off my current price plan €78.50 of Horizon Select Extra 150 (Horizon Select Extra, Fibre Power broadband 120mb , Home phone (which I don't use). She was firstly trying just to knock €20 off a month and when I pushed for 6 months at half price she said they didn't offer that. When I said that I know of people getting 6 or 9 months at half price she said that was "only businesses or people on much higher plans". She then tried to upgrade my internet - which I declined as my coverage/speed etc is fine. I asked her was 4 months half price the best she could do & she said yes so I told her I would think about it and call them back. I've been with UPC/Virgin for over 12 years and only availed of a miserable 4 months half price last year after hearing about everyone else I know getting 6 months loyalty discount so I think it's a bit unfair.

Just off the phone & was told that they can't do half price for 6 months as it was demanded by so many customers.

Basic TV 240mb broadband and new modem works out at €730 for the yr.

I'll ring them up again in a different voice tomorrow & get free movies .

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭konline

Their new modem - VirginMedia Hub 3.0, is great. There are many features in this new modem.
    Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

konline wrote: »
    Their new modem - VirginMedia Hub 3.0, is great. There are many features in this new modem.
    Thanks OP.

You can't set different DNS servers on it, you're stuck with Virgin's dodgy ones.

So for me, the new modem is a downgrade.

Thanks OP.

Can you use both 2.5GHZ and 5 GHZ at the same time on this router?
    Is VirginMedia Hub 3.0 = Compal?

Can you use both 2.5GHZ and 5 GHZ at the same time on this router?
    Is VirginMedia Hub 3.0 = Compal?

Yes, you can use both 2.5 and 5 GHZ at the same time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Tried my luck...they said 9 months half price for 12 month contract....and then...apologies u do not have TV...damn..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Got 4 months discount on broadband & €5 discount on phone for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Anyone know what time loyalty department closes at??? Won't be able to ring them till after work...

epopnomis wrote: »
    Anyone know what time loyalty department closes at??? Won't be able to ring them till after work...

As far as I know it's from it's open from 9 AM to 6 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Got 4 months half price and a new modem, happy with that as very happy with virgin service. Credit as well that call was answered within 5 mins , sky should be ashamed of their wait times

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Got 6 months half price and excellent service from the REP that was based in Limerick also convinced them to give me a new VM hub :D:D and just got at texted its on the way tomorrow.

Excellent Service from Virgin Media and glad to see they have brought some of there customer services back to Ireland.

Got 6 months half price and excellent service from the REP that was based in Limerick also convinced them to give me a new VM hub :D:D and just got at texted its on the way tomorrow.

Excellent Service from Virgin Media and glad to see they have brought some of there customer services back to Ireland.

What package are you on? I. Was refused the half price offer yesterday. Maybe its because I'm on the basic package.

Thanks OP.

With the 360meg bb do you get just a normal horizon box plus another modem or is it one box? I have a horizon box but wifi signal was brutal and they sent me a separate modem and transferred wifi onto that...

For those who received the new compal modem, did you have to return your old modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

Thanks OP. Another six month half price deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

For those who received the new compal modem, did you have to return your old modem?

Nope, was never asked to. New modem arrived yesterday, initial impressions are good.

Advertisement