Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin media contract confirmation Mistake for cancellations.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

maximoose wrote: »
    Nope, was never asked to. New modem arrived yesterday, initial impressions are good.

Does it have much better coverage than the Horizon inbuilt ?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I contacted them via chat after reading about the new modem here. Will be shipped out now, so new modem to boot. Nice. Last one has required intermittent reboots. Hopefully this will be an improvement. If DNS is slow, I can always do them on the computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

s8n wrote: »
    Does it have much better coverage than the Horizon inbuilt ?

Shouting "WIFI" loudly would provide better coverage than that piece of shît :pac:

I was using a standalone router, can't remember what make it was..possibly technicolor?

Anyway seems to be a big improvement in my small apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

maximoose wrote: »
    Shouting "WIFI" loudly would provide better coverage than that piece of shît :pac:

I was using a standalone router, can't remember what make it was..possibly technicolor?

Anyway seems to be a big improvement in my small apartment.

I rang yesterday and was offered the free modem, How long did it take to arrive for everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads done bother with any chat about the thread here or what other people got, just mention the sky 55 deal and they will eventually offer the 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

Cyrus wrote: »
    lads done bother with any chat about the thread here or what other people got, just mention the sky 55 deal and they will eventually offer the 6 months

this....I rang up 10 minutes ago, mentioned the email and the €55 Sky deal, got offered a new Horizon Box, plus new modem, upgrade from 120mb to 240 mb broadband and basic TV and phone half price for 4 months. Said no - SKY would save me €80 per year, she went away and got "authorisation" for 6 months.

In fairness she was very nice and very helpful and I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

paddyh117 wrote: »
    this....I rang up 10 minutes ago, mentioned the email and the €55 Sky deal, got offered a new Horizon Box, plus new modem, upgrade from 120mb to 240 mb broadband and basic TV and phone half price for 4 months. Said no - SKY would save me €80 per year, she went away and got "authorisation" for 6 months.

In fairness she was very nice and very helpful and I'm happy

Do you mind me asking what price you are paying for the 1st 6 months?

I'm on the same package & was quoted €45 first 4 moths then €65 next 2 months & €70 last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

After an offer you're almost ready to settle on just remember the magic words: "Is that the best you can do?"

Works wonders.....

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

baldbear wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what price you are paying for the 1st 6 months?

I'm on the same package & was quoted €45 first 4 moths then €65 next 2 months & €70 last 6 months.

no problem - €45 for 6 months, then €70 for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Also off the phone with the Irish support centre.

I have the 120Mbit + Phone -> No TV now paying 45E/month

The girl (very nice) said no discounts on the 120 Mbit as it is not offered anymore

Best she could offer was upgrade to 240Mbit (which I really don't need tbh) and the following:

4 Months -> 25E
    2 Months -> 45E
    6 Months -> 50E

Total for the year = 490E

I quoted the Sky offer for 35E for 12 months which is 420E but again she said she couldn't do any better.

I said I will think about it.

Hope this helps someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

I have 240mb package and the best they would do is 10euro off a month!
    I said I want the same deal as last time...6 months half price and they said because I got that offer last time I can't avail again 😞
    I said will I can switch to sky for55 a month and there reply is sure they only have 100mb .
    They weren't having any of it
    I might try again tomorrow if no luck probably switch to sky

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I have 240mb package and the best they would do is 10euro off a month!
    I said I want the same deal as last time...6 months half price and they said because I got that offer last time I can't avail again 😞
    I said will I can switch to sky for55 a month and there reply is sure they only have 100mb .
    They weren't having any of it
    I might try again tomorrow if no luck probably switch to sky

was that 10euro off a mth for 4/6/12mths?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

So I went with virgin again as sky broadband in my area could only provide 30mb... I got 6 months 42.50 and 6 months 85. I know other people got better but gets to the stage where they're like "I cant do any better". Must be luck of the draw for what you're going to get offered.

Oh as it's technically a new contract you're entitled to that vm box thing for free... not sure if it's any use but sure I'll find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

Got another 6 months half was talking to a lovely girl called Gemma.... Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

pm. wrote: »
    Got another 6 months half was talking to a lovely girl called Gemma.... Thanks OP

The new call center Virgin have in limerick seem to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

The new call center Virgin have in limerick seem to be very good

When you get an Irish person to answer, otherwise it might as well not be in Ireland

I'm not entitled to this but managed to get the new router off them via the online chat.
    its getting delivered today .
    the horizon wifi is a pox

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

just logged on to see if they'd processed my refund cheque and see that since I cancelled tv they've been charging the 3.50 extra on top of 50 for 240MB broadband. They really are the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FTT2004

Just off the phone with VM in limerick. Aisling originally informed me that she wasn't allowed deal with any email enquiries. Passed onto Maeve who proceeded with the smiling assain routine. Hardball approach from the get go despite mentioning sky had contacted me today (it had been a year since I rang them coincidentally). Only interested in offering 4m half price only if I upgraded to horizon max @95/m full price. Kindly informed her that the maths don't add up and that VM have never led the field in entertainment technology compared to sky. Making all sorts of outlandish claims regarding multi room and simulateneous recording. The irony: phone call dropped on their phone app so they called me back on a Dublin number. I said to her how ironic it was about the app and the numerous wifi issues I've logged and stuck by the 4month offer. She also reminded me of my cooling off date. Blood from a stone in general the conversation. Best of luck folks and beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

need some help for my mum everybody :D

was getting 6 months for 41:75

Thats up now new bill came in for 83:50

For basic 120mb unlimited broadband,
    phone,
    upc digital channels

Is they're any way to get another few months half price or cut down costs as she has trouble with this new 83.50 bill ?

any comments appreciated

pudz :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭dodzy

Got 2 x 6mths at 1/2 price (July 15 - July 16). Error on their part obviously. Hustled again on the back of the recent email. Gave me €20 off for 4mths with free 360 upgrade and media hub. Happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Rang this morning and got 240mb Broadband and phone with unlimited calls for 25 a month for 6 months and the new modem/router. :D Was talking to a nice guy in the Limerick offices. Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Has anyone called been still in contract and didnt receive the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

OK so I just made an arse of that. I rang them told them I wanted to cancel my contract based on the email and she basically said ok. Offered me nothing and then told me if I wanted to cancel then my current services would be stopped straight away. What's my next move?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

OK so I just made an arse of that. I rang them told them I wanted to cancel my contract based on the email and she basically said ok. Offered me nothing and then told me if I wanted to cancel then my current services would be stopped straight away. What's my next move?

Cancel & take up the decent new customer offer on their site from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

brightkane wrote: »
    Has anyone called been still in contract and didnt receive the email?

Yes and go a deal no issue

youll get to a point where they will ask why you are moving, stick with it

then its cost, sky deal, 6 months half price :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Zauka

Exactly the same happened to me. Girl told me they are reading all boards entries and how I want to proceed. I told her, want to cancel my contract or get a discount. She said, 20 minutes and they disconnect my internet connection. I said "wait a moment, can i schedule cancellation on monday or tuesday". she says "no, since this moment 20 minutes". Also, just to mention, she did not offer any penny as discount.

• Advertisement

they are obviously told to go with that first i got all that guff as well

dont panic :pac:

Advertisement