Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin media contract confirmation Mistake for cancellations.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Hi all, got the email on 22nd September, so that gives me until the 06th of October to ring them.

I think the loyalty department closes at 5 so I'll try them tomorrow.

I had 6 months half price that ended after my August bill. Would I have a shot at getting another few months at half price and what would yee say? As I think I am back to the 12 month contract because of the 6 month half price deal.

Any help on what to say to them appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

chops018 wrote: »
    Hi all, got the email on 22nd September, so that gives me until the 06th of October to ring them.

I had 6 months half price that ended after my August bill. Would I have a shot at getting another few months at half price and what would yee say? As I think I am back to the 12 month contract because of the 6 month half price deal.

I can't add anything just that I'm basically in same situation with dates and emails so would appreciate if you'd post how you get on.

ronano wrote: »
    I can't add anything just that I'm basically in same situation with dates and emails so would appreciate if you'd post how you get on.

Will do. I plan on calling tomorrow or the next day. I think I will say I got the email and ask them if this means I am allowed to cancel with them, if they say yes I will mention Sky and Eir's deal and ask them if there is anything they can do similar to that.

If anyone else has a different/better approach, I'd be glad to hear it?

I assume if they tell me I'm still in contract due to the 6 months half price I got only ending there in August then I won't have a leg to stand on. The reason I got the email (I think) is because I got an extra HD box for our multi-room, so the services changed, but they never sent any email confirmation etc. So they could easily just say that I can only opt to cancel the new box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Was only offered four months reduced price and the rest full. Said I had too many offers. Anyone else offering good deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

I was in the same boat as regards my 6 months discount finishing in Aug. Just got off the phone to them and agreed to getting e20 off my broadband for 4 months (120mg) and e5 off my phone for 6 months and then 6 months at full price for e45. Works out better than 6 months half price and I'm getting a new router!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fade out

Is there a new box to replace the horizon box? When I was on the phone he offered a second box for improved internet but said I would still have horizon box. Is there a better one that does tv and Internet combined ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

fade out wrote: »
    Is there a new box to replace the horizon box? When I was on the phone he offered a second box for improved internet but said I would still have horizon box. Is there a better one that does tv and Internet combined ??

Nope. its a wireless modem used with horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

So people who do not receieve an email did they get a permanent record of there contract ?

I didnt get a permanent record or an email from them

DO i get in touch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

After previously been offered 4 months half price I told them it wasn't good enough & I was cancelling and moving to Sky as they were cheaper.

I was then offered the basic plan at 45 PM for 6 months and then 70 PM for the final 6 so about 30 euro more than sky which I'm happy with.

I just finished the 9 months half price deal so all in all not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

faolteam wrote: »
    So people who do not receieve an email did they get a permanent record of there contract ?

I didnt get a permanent record or an email from them

DO i get in touch ?

I received a contract but there is nothing in the contract stating what I signed up for and how much I pay a month, a lack of information and I made the changes in February this year.

I rang Virgin and they tell me that I'm not one of the affected customers and that's it. I argue that I am based on the ruling against them. I will be making a compliant to Virgin so I can have this investigated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I received a contract but there is nothing in the contract stating what I signed up for and how much I pay a month, a lack of information and I made the changes in February this year.

I rang Virgin and they tell me that I'm not one of the affected customers and that's it. I argue that I am based on the ruling against them. I will be making a compliant to Virgin so I can have this investigated.

Good luck with that, they "lost" the record of my first complaint and with my second attempt they said it was never applied to my account correctly.
    Still went to ComReg over there incompetence and awaiting a response from VM still, they are brutal compared to the UPC service and equipment levels

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Anyone on 9 month half price get any further discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I received the email and plan to ring VM today.

Just for info, do sky require to be a tv customer in order to avail of the fibre and phone package for 35 a month? can't see any offers that don't mention tv

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

is it 14 working days or calendar days?

calendar days

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Have sent my email to cancel. They would only offer 4 months half price. Now to get looking at other deals. The horizon box never really worked correctly anyway. Broadband is the only thing virgin is useful for...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

I got through and got no offers
    Just do you want to cancel?
    I said yes and they cancelled.
    What to do now?
    I presume I just rejoin in my wife's name?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

I just got offered 6 months half price which wasn't too bad , i was hoping for 9 but i didn't want to push my luck as i really wanted a deal today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Canaboid wrote: »
    Just called.
    Upgrade from 120Mb to 240Mb with new Compal modem(I'm assured it can Bridge).
    New Horizon TV box (hope I don't regret this).
    Phone (Don't need this but whatever)

Lifetime €10 pm discount.
    Further €25 pm discount for first 9 months.

Just finished my 6 months half price @€;38 pm.
    Now €45 pm for 9 months and €70 for final 3 months.
    Not too bad.

Since it's been two weeks....

How you finding the North Korean Torture device, ....i mean Horizon box.

So I am just off the phone.

I mentioned straight away that I got the email from them on the 22nd September and asked if this means that I can cancel or what's the story now.

She said that I now have the option to cancel, but they can offer me a new deal if I go into a new 12 month contract. I said well if I am happy with the new offer I will stay.

She then offered 4 months half price and the new modem for broadband free of charge. I pushed for 6 months for a couple of minutes and even asked her if she could ask anyone if she could go to 6 months but she said definitively not, that the system is only allowing her to offer a 4 month half price deal with the new modem so it's up to me if I am happy with that.

I wasn't bothered to keep pushing as I was happy enough that she offered a new deal from the off without any arguments. Happy with the unexpected extra few months half price to be honest and a new modem that should increase my BB speeds. Currently only get between 40-50mb on the Horizon box and I am supposedly on 240mb so this new modem they're sending out I hope will have much better speeds.

• Advertisement

I mentioned straight away that I got the email from them on the 22nd September and asked if this means that I can cancel or what's the story now.

She said that I now have the option to cancel, but they can offer me a new deal if I go into a new 12 month contract. I said well if I am happy with the new offer I will stay.

She then offered 4 months half price and the new modem for broadband free of charge. I pushed for 6 months for a couple of minutes and even asked her if she could ask anyone if she could go to 6 months but she said definitively not, that the system is only allowing her to offer a 4 month half price deal with the new modem so it's up to me if I am happy with that.

I wasn't bothered to keep pushing as I was happy enough that she offered a new deal from the off without any arguments. Happy with the unexpected extra few months half price to be honest and a new modem that should increase my BB speeds. Currently only get between 40-50mb on the Horizon box and I am supposedly on 240mb so this new modem they're sending out I hope will have much better speeds.

thanks for the update and the pm, appreciated it. I'll give a call later on and see how it goes

very similar experience

got 4 months half price, then 8 months at full for bb and phone

got a package upgrade to from 120 to 240

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

Signed up as new customer.
    4 months free

I was on the 240mb broadband and anytime calls, 26.75 at half price for 6 months and 26.75 full price for the other 6 months. I rang up, got through to Irish loyalty team and said basically that i wanted the 6 months half price, 6 months full that i was previously on. The rep said they can only do 4 months half price, i said i'm on switcher.ie and there are different packages such as digiweb etc that work out cheaper. It took under ten minutes, no issue, rep was lovely. I had issues with virgin media in the past so was pleasantly surprised! i would say to anyone, note the time and date of your call if your discount doesn't come through :D

did anyone notice that when they read the t&c they go into robot mode and it's hard to make out what they are talking about

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

You'd be the same, reading the same ****e day in, day out.

You'd be the same, reading the same ****e day in, day out.

yes except he could easily sneak in some odd charge and after 10 mins ask you are you happy to accept

I'd challenge anyone to say that they fully understood what they say

Anyway i asked for everything to be sent in writing, and I guess VM will be sending everything in writing now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Just off the phone to them there I downgraded to 240 bb and after 3 different calls I finally got the 9 months half price. It was harder this year then any other year but glad I kept pushing them. I think the trick is to call at 540 just as there about to leave at 6

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I got through and got no offers
    Just do you want to cancel?
    I said yes and they cancelled.

Make sure they refund you as you will have probably pre paid for the full month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm awaiting confirmation but I got 6 months half price plus BB upped to 240Mb.
    I was initially only offered the BB but when I mentioned that i wont see the benefit from the BB increase and that Sky are doing something for just over €50, she threw in the six months at half price.
    I tried pushing for Sky movies but no chance.
    My "contract" had started from Jan so I was coming towards the end again anyhow. In Jan when I got it, IIRC I also got six months half price and sky movies free for three months

Advertisement