Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin media contract confirmation Mistake for cancellations.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

massy086 wrote: »
    Just off the phone to them there I downgraded to 240 bb and after 3 different calls I finally got the 9 months half price. It was harder this year then any other year but glad I kept pushing them. I think the trick is to call at 540 just as there about to leave at 6

They are there till 9pm afaik

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mad m wrote: »
    They are there till 9pm afaik
    9am to 6pm Mon to Fri

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Anyone getting half price on an existing half price offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

kbannon wrote: »
    9am to 6pm Mon to Fri

image_zpsxugklrgj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone getting half price on an existing half price offer.

I'm on the last month of a 6 month half price offer and got another 6 month half 6 full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

mad m wrote: »
    image_zpsxugklrgj.png
    Its the loyalty department your dealing with and there only there till 6pm. Telephone support till 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

Make sure they refund you as you will have probably pre paid for the full month.

Will do thanks.
    They had me cut off within 5 minutes.
    They can be efficient when they want to.
    Getting reconnected Friday under my wife's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I just got off the phone with the Limerick call centre. Today is the last day of calling for the email cancellations. I got offered €25 off for 4 months and €5 off for 2 months. This is based on the 360mb broadband package for €60. I'm happy enough with it, didn't try to negotiate at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

My last 6 months half price deal finished 2 months ago, wasn't too happy paying €90 for 240mb BB, TV & phone, so rang yesterday to say I was going to move to Eir.
    Was offered another 6 months for €45pm and then going up to €70pm thereafter, for the exact same package I'm on now.
    Happy enough with that, they are dropping out a new modem today too.

Rang a few times and been told each time that, as I was on the 9 month half price since February, the max they can offer is 4 months with a new 12 month contract.

I even mentioned that it would be cheaper to leave and rejoin under the new €30 for 6 months / €80 for 6 months offer. I was told that there is a 90 day grace period before i'd be allowed to do that, even though there was, effectively, no contract since February.

Tempted to just call their bluff and cancel it anyway, get Sky in. Anyone in a similar situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Rang today and best I could do was 4 months half price.
    My 6 month half price ended this month so was happy enough to get another 4 added to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I called this morning and got 6 months half price easily enough. But I pushed for 9 and she was just about to cancel so took the 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

are you guys getting the deals from Limerick or India? Was onto limerick earlier and was told that could give me 15 quid a month off for 6 months on a 95 quid bill .i refused and they said nothing else to offer me, will try again

• Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Was on the 8th month of a 9 month half price, but at the start of a new contract because I availed of their unlimited €10 per month mobile plan

So now I'm on another 6 months half price. And I got the free new router delivered, which provides far better wifi on all 3 floors of my house compared to the horizon box that was stuck in my living room

I ain't complaining :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Im on month 8 of a 12 month contract that had first 6 months half price.
    Started new contract today with 6 months half price and six months full price.

Also switched to Virgin Media sim only mobile for €10 a month for 6 months then €25 a month for 6 months.

Now to ring Sky and try get a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Just off the phone and got offered 6 months half price straight away. Considering I was only offered 5 euro off originally I'm delighted with that. They are also sending me a better modem also. I would definitely give them a call now and see. She confirmed today is the last day so you just have half an hour. Thanks for everyone's advice on here ��

By the way I'm on the 240mb broadband and phone package. She said to me since your only on that package that's best offer I can give ...so sounds could be some good deals got in the next 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Muppet's went and sent me out 2 broadband modems (yes, 2) rather than 1. :rolleyes:

I did not meet the courier so I was not there to spot the mistake. I phoned VM and told them about the mistake and the person at the other end did not seem to care at all nor could she tell me what to do. Her response was "that is happening a lot lately"! I now have an extra modem and VM do not seem to want it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

JTMan wrote: »
    Muppet's went and sent me out 2 broadband modems (yes, 2) rather than 1. :rolleyes:

I did not meet the courier so I was not there to spot the mistake. I phoned VM and told them about the mistake and the person at the other end did not seem to care at all nor could she tell me what to do. Her response was "that is happening a lot lately"! I now have an extra modem and VM do not seem to want it back.

And did they ask for the old one back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

arikv wrote: »
    And did they ask for the old one back?

No. VM did not want the old modem back (very old so understandable) nor do they want the duplicated brand new second modem. I have 3 VM modems now.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

JTMan wrote: »
    No. VM did not want the old modem back (very old so understandable) nor do they want the duplicated brand new second modem. I have 3 VM modems now.

Thanks, mine is only 1 year old and am getting new hub. I'll see what they say when mine arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

I rang and said I wanted to cancel, they said ok and terminated the account straight away with no way to reverse it. I had to sign up again under a new name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

My internet comes from the Horizon box. They are giving me this new modem, I assume I will see much better speeds than my current 40-50mb? That's despite being on the 240mb package btw.

Also, they are not taking the Horizon box back (gladly, as I actually like it), so does the internet come from the Horizon box and the new modem now or what will happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Yep I cancelled as well.. they were to lynch going to offer 4 months.. said feck em.. they said it'd be 30days notice though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

I cancelled. I was told Internet would go off with immediate effect. That was as ar 5:30 and I still have Internet. So I'm not sure what's happening!

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I have 3 VM modems now.

Wait for 1 modem and then 3 come along ;)
    they said ok and terminated the account straight away with no way to reverse it.

I can't understand how they can cancel straight away as you have to pay up front for it and would have already paid for the next month/months assuming you aren't ringing on the day of the DD that's due for the next month(s).

I think they are just trying to *** people off who are talking about cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Called yesterday and there was no budging. They wouldn't offer me anything. Got home pretty late today, and forgot to try again. Will have to look again in February. There weren't interested in signing me up to a new contract or what sky were offering. Must have got through to the supervisor/call coach who was absolutely determined to meet a quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Called yesterday. Started with 4 month offer, then 6 months. Eventually said it wasn't worth my while staying and she "talked to her manager". 9 months half price & new wifi router on top of the horizon. Cheaper than Sky €55 a month across the year so took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Called yesterday. Started with 4 month offer, then 6 months. Eventually said it wasn't worth my while staying and she "talked to her manager". 9 months half price & new wifi router on top of the horizon. Cheaper than Sky €55 a month across the year so took it.

Were you on an offer already? I'm currently on the 9 month half price offer and the best i can manage is 6 months with the few extras too.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

maximo31 wrote: »
    Were you on an offer already? I'm currently on the 9 month half price offer and the best i can manage is 6 months with the few extras too.

Yup - 5 months into a 12 month contract (4 months half price already up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

RunRoryRun wrote: »

Which section did you go through to? Was it the loyalty team or some other? Did you press the option that they give you to press 1 if it relates to an email or letter you received?

Advertisement