Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Archons Forge

Options
  • 22-09-2016 12:16pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What you Need
    Prior to going to the Archon’s Forge, you’ll need to get a SIVA Offering, which are white Engram drops. These can be obtained in the Plaguelands by successfully completing Public Events and defeating other Major (Yellow Bar) enemies. Destiny Public Events is always a good spot to check for when they will appear. SIVA Offerings can also be earned in Archon’s Forge.
    SIVA Offerings come in different tiers. A Fused SIVA Offering has a recommended Light level of 320, Enhanced is 340, and Perfected is 360. Obviously, higher Light levels mean more difficult encounters with better rewards.
    It’s important to remember your Guardian can only carry one SIVA Offering at a time, and the higher level one will be kept if picking up a new one. For example, an Enhanced SIVA Offering will replace the Fused SIVA Offering in your inventory, but won’t replace a Perfected SIVA Offering.
    The good news is you can move a SIVA Offering to the Vault and/or another character for your Destiny account to store more than one. Note that only one can be placed in the Vault at a time.
    Splicer Keys are also a recommended, but not required, pickup for Archon’s Forge. They allow someone who dies during an encounter to get back into the fight. These can be picked up from Brood Mothers and other Major (Yellow Bar) enemies in the Plaguelands.

How to get there
    Archon’s Forge isn’t exactly close to the Plaguelands spawn point in the Lord’s Watch Area. Players will need to hop on their Sparrow after spawning and either turn right and head through Giant’s Husk to the Doomed and then reach Archon’s Keep or turn left to go through Bunker Triglav and Forgotten Pass to get to Archon’s Keep. Both take approximately the same amount of time, though right does seem faster.
    Once at the Archon’s Keep area, keep on your Sparrow all the way to the domed building in the back that you followed to get to Site 6 in the last Rise of Iron story mission. The Archon’s Forge is located just through the hallways of the building until you reach the Archon’s Forge area and the Terminal.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Starting an Event
    First, it’s important that you and other players in your Fireteam are prepared before starting an Archon’s Forge event. Equip the weapons and gear you need along with using any ammo synths or reputation boosters and then use the terminal.
    The reason to do this is because players have only a few seconds from activating an Archon’s Forge event at the terminal to get into the arena. The opening to the arena will close, locking out anyone standing in the terminal room. If nobody is in the arena when the event starts, that is an automatic failure and loss of a SIVA Offering.
    When ready, simply approach the terminal in the waiting room and activate it. Jump into the arena quickly and get into the fight.

The Fight
    The actual combat in Archon’s Forge is fairly straight-forward. Players have five minutes to defeat the enemies that spawn. Killing all the minions within that time will cause the boss to spawn. These are simple bosses with no special mechanics to get around, but large health pools and powerful attacks.
    If you die in an Archon’s Forge encounter, you will respawn in the terminal room unless revived by another player. The only way to get back into the fight is to use a Splicer Key at the terminal to open the door back to the arena.
    This is also why you’ll want to play with at least one other person. Death while soloing Archon’s Forge means automatic failure. There is no chance to use a Splicer Key to get back in the fight.

Rewards
    Loot drops as Engram during the event and is based on the player’s current Light level. Playing at the Enhanced or Perfected levels will result in a better chance to see Legendary Engrams. Fused SIVA Offerings primarily result in lots of Blue and Green Engrams.
    Note that unlike Court of Oryx, it does not appear to matter who initiated the Archon’s Forge event regarding the loot dropped.

Tips
    Tips
    Rocket Launchers or Swords and Special Weapons other than Sniper Rifles are the order of the day. Unsurprisingly, the Gjallarhorn performs extremely well here with the large clusters of enemies.
    Staying up high on the platforms or the ledge by the terminal room will help with surviving the waves of enemies that come in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So has anyone tried any of these yet? I only have a 340 Siva Key so might give it a bash if a few of you are up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've been looking into it, and it seems like a total Clusterf**k of a bottleneck they have created to get end game gear.

I expect it to be Patched/Buffed in like 3-4 weeks so it feels more rewarding and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

The offering is tied to a type of enemy (Captain, shanks etc. ). The bounties are also tied to an enemy type.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've been looking into it, and it seems like a total Clusterf**k of a bottleneck they have created to get end game gear.

I expect it to be Patched/Buffed in like 3-4 weeks so it feels more rewarding and so on

I had a 320 offering the other day and used it, turned to go into the fight and was locked into the room so it died off without me seeing anything haha.

I will be well up for doing a few later tho to see what they are like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

jonnycivic wrote: »
    So has anyone tried any of these yet? I only have a 340 Siva Key so might give it a bash if a few of you are up for it :)

It'll be way easier with a large group so it might be worth doing the court of oryx trick of befriending a random bluey and joining their team. That way you can have multiple clan members in the same instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

It would be handy if the instance started where you come across the 2 dregs & servitor. Not at the panel for the offerings.

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Did it twice, once with the captain enemies and once with the servitors. The servitors was a lot harder.

Think the best I got was a legendary engram.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »

Ran a 360 Perfected last night. enemies where Orange 42's. I did more jumping around and running away than anything. Thankfully there where 4 other lads there running them. Was enjoyable. Got a purple Class Engram. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

awec wrote:
    Think the best I got was a legendary engram.

Got a purple Class Engram.

Ye are definitely bucking the trend of unreliability with the Forge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Bungie have now stopped the transfer of SIVA offerings between characters with item managers. That's stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

PetKing wrote: »
    Bungie have now stopped the transfer of SIVA offerings between characters with item managers. That's stupid.

It was because people were duping them like the runes before. Using them & moving them at the same time causing a copy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Conar

jackrussel wrote: »
    It was because people were duping them like the runes before. Using them & moving them at the same time causing a copy

Myself, goon and nev went in last night with an offering each and played about 10 rounds before deciding we were like crack addicts (just one more hit) and giving it a rest.
    One of us seemed gauranteed to get an offering drop each time.
    Reasonable loot and good fun.

Me CDB and Redzer ran a few last night, got the captains x2, shank and servitor. I have to say its good fun but you really need to be able to carry more offerings on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Conar wrote: »
    Myself, goon and nev went in last night with an offering each and played about 10 rounds before deciding we were like crack addicts (just one more hit) and giving it a rest.
    One of us seemed gauranteed to get an offering drop each time.
    Reasonable loot and good fun.

and great music!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

We had 2 fireteams in yesterday. It was absolute mayhem. Done so much damage to a perfected captain that he spent most of the time in the air

I think Never Midnight recorded a video of it. Was great craic

I still haven't given this a proper bash. Did a Green Offering on Launch. That was it. Is it more or less required to have more than 3 players to do Blue or Purple offerings?

I still haven't given this a proper bash. Did a Green Offering on Launch. That was it. Is it more or less required to have more than 3 players to do Blue or Purple offerings?

Depends on skill level, nathan ran loads of them on my account on saturday solo and they were 320/340 & 360 he ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

why though there is no guarantee'd drop like the Court or even some specific loot like CoE is beyond me. Even the fact you can't stack the offering's like the court runes is bonkers. This part of ROI really hits home the grind/rng mechanics.

2 Reasons: Shiro Bounty to get Thorn (RNG) and for RoI Quest Book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Apparently the reason you can't stack offerings is because they only put in one console - so you can only put in the offering you have (where in CoO you had offering specific totems).

Dude its not only the Shiro bounties that drop the Thorn Quest but once I get that thorn quest I doubt I will be in the forge too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Thorn bounty can drop off any bounty completion from what I have read, though Shiro might have a higher drop chance.

The Thorn bounty can drop off any bounty completion from what I have read, though Shiro might have a higher drop chance.

Yes the shiro and vanguard bounties have a slightly better chance of dropping it over the other bounties.

Completed 3 x Perfected offerings with a bunch of randoms last night.

My rewards: satisfaction of the kill.

Good Guy Optimus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

three of us last night in a party and met up with 2-3 more randoms. we had a good run at it, and were lucky enough for us to find more offering's. Ammo/orbs/engrams littered the place, boss's getting melted before the dome would open fully. Its definitely good craic, and I think I'd nearly forgive not getting a guaranteed drop, but when the offerings run out the fun runs out :(

syboit wrote: »
    but when the offerings run out the fun runs out :(

You dont have to go home, but you can't stay here

Or like nev last night, not only was he taking the ball and going home he wanted to take the ptich with him too :P

• Advertisement

It is a bit weird when neither you or the blues have any offerings and you're all just bouncing around not knowing if it's polite to leave.

Advertisement