Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the WPS button on the Eir ZyXel D1000 modem

Options
  • 22-09-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

As it says on the tin. Can someone from eir or someone who knows the answer, confirm where the WPS button is on the D1000 modem?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

r3nu4l wrote: »
    As it says on the tin. Can someone from eir or someone who knows the answer, confirm where the WPS button is on the D1000 modem?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi r3nu4l,

Thank you for getting in touch :) 

I am afraid this would not be our area of expertise. I would recommend you contact our technical support team directly on 1901 and the guys will be happy to assist you with this. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tap the "wifi" button. Hold for 3s disables wifi but a short press sets the light amber and you're in pairing mode. 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

eir: Ciara wrote: »

Thanks in advance.
    Hi r3nu4l,

Thank you for getting in touch :) 

I am afraid this would not be our area of expertise. I would recommend you contact our technical support team directly on 1901 and the guys will be happy to assist you with this. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara 
    Ciara,

With respect, I marked this query as [Technical]. What's the point in having this category if the only response from you is to tell me to phone 1901? I'm using this forum precisely because I don't want to use 1901. I trust the competence of the team on 1901 about as much as I would trust a junkie to mind my money! 

Why? Well this year, I spent over 5 hours talking to various people on that number, reiterating the same issue (deteriorating broadband speed) over and over, only to be told that following a line test and engineer visit to the cabinet, that my speed issues were caused by an overloaded cabinet and could not be fixed. I tried 1901 one last time, intending to cancel my service and spoke to some other guy who logged into my router for me, ran some tests and then said 'It's your router, I'll send a new one'. One week later, new router installed and bang, speeds were back to normal. 

Unfortunately the range of competence from the support team on 1901 ranges from absolutely dire to pretty good but if I drew a curve, it would be heavily weighted towards absolutely dire, trailing off massively towards pretty good. Can you feed that back up the chain please?

I asked here so that you, or one of the other reps, would provide the answer, not a redirect. It seems like the answer is pretty simple, yet I get fobbed off? I wouldn't trust the 1901 team to give me a straight answer on this. Seems to me you only responded to keep your response rate above a certain KPI... 

Can you please explain why you couldn't forward this query to someone else and give me an answer?

Originally posted by ED E
    ED E wrote: »
    Tap the "wifi" button. Hold for 3s disables wifi but a short press sets the light amber and you're in pairing mode. 
    Thanks Ed, really appreciate your response. I wonder could you bill eir for 'consulting fees'? :) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks  ED E,

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Can one of the eir Reps please respond to my above post? 
    Thanks  ED E,

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Can one of the eir Reps please respond to my above post? 
    Thanks  ED E,

-Pamela 
    Hi R3nu4l,

I am very sorry to hear you feel this way and I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you, however, this is not our area of expertise and we would be able to assist you with this query from here.

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused and apologise I could not offer you some better news today. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

Advertisement