Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me if you can - it's all so confusing

• 22-09-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hello. You seem a nice helpful bunch here so hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I've been reading loads on boards and on the net and really want to buy so I can get started but it is all so confusing.

I need a starter kit. Seems like I'm best to get an Eleaf iStick PICO starter kit is this correct? It's what always seems to be recommende.

This seems expensive and add an other 11 Euro for battery. But if you people say this is what I need to pay that's fine. http://www.efag.ie/e-cigarette-starter-kits/492-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-e-cigarette-starter-kit.html

And then I need juices. Smoke approx. 12 a day (more at the weekend) Silk cut blues, any specific recommendations there?

Obviously, I like a bargain so if you know of a good offer please shout.

Lastly, someone recommended I buy two, is this necessary from the start?
    Any thing else you can think of which I will need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Hello. You seem a nice helpful bunch here so hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I've been reading loads on boards and on the net and really want to buy so I can get started but it is all so confusing.

I need a starter kit. Seems like I'm best to get an Eleaf iStick PICO starter kit is this correct? It's what always seems to be recommende.

This seems expensive and add an other 11 Euro for battery. But if you people say this is what I need to pay that's fine. http://www.efag.ie/e-cigarette-starter-kits/492-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-e-cigarette-starter-kit.html

And then I need juices. Smoke approx. 12 a day (more at the weekend) Silk cut blues, any specific recommendations there?

Obviously, I like a bargain so if you know of a good offer please shout.

Lastly, someone recommended I buy two, is this necessary from the start?
    Any thing else you can think of which I will need?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3024/10012342/4468204-authentic-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

free shipping....will take about 3-4 weeks, you'll get batteries and juice there too.....my advice is buy them all seperately so you dont get hit by customs - wont cost any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

If you can get into Dublin and head to one of the vape shops around the city centre. Talking and asking questions and testing the devices you want to see before buying them will help you out a lot more. Also, E-Smokeireland in Palmerstown are open 7 days a week and are always incredibly helpful when i go in.

There are other shops around the country so wherever you are you should have one close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

The best, easiest start is a Joyetech eGo AIO - less than 25 quid in most places, some are under 20.
    There's no controls other than a fire button, and a built in battery that should last the day.

Later, when you get more sophisticated kit, it'll serve as a spare/out-and-about device

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/713-joyetech-ego-aio.html

For juice, Liqua Cuban Cigar is a decent start - 12mg/ml would probably be fine for you, since you're not a particularly heavy smoker.
    Best thing with juices is to try them in a shop to see what you like - you'll never get an exact copy of a real cigarette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The Pico is fine for a beginner, if you just use it solely in wattage mode. I'm not sure the Melo tank that comes with the kit is suitable for beginners though. It's a sub ohm tank, and the coils they give with are designed for direct lung vaping. You will most likely want a mouth to lung style tank, like the Nautilus X, or Eleaf GS air. You vape on these similar to a cigarette, whereas with the sub ohm tanks you bypass your mouth and suck vapour direct down to the lungs. can take some getting used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Thanks all. See this is all very confusing. I will go to a shop but do want a general idea as I know shops can be hit or miss. I don't want them to just sell me the stock they can't shift. I won't go for the Eleafe I stick Pico so. I'll go with the eGo AIO as j26m suggested - not that it matter too much but I do like the look of that one and it's not as expensive. DirtyB I'm out in D5 but work City Centre so could definitely make it into town. Is there a shop in town you could recommend? I see there is one on Talbot Street (that would be very handy) is that any good?
    You are all very kind to reply as I'm sure you are getting bored of these questions, but honestly it's a mine field out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

You want simple & no hassle vaping....This eleaf icare seems to be an excellent vaping kit for beginners & mouth to lung vapours,all the reviews that I have watched give a 2 thumbs up on it.
    No controls at all,just do a draw like a cigarette,it's all automatic,they sell them here http://e-smokeireland.com/product/eleaf-icare/
    and here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EaDnV2ewL0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

I'd recommend staying away from the tobacco flavour juices personally they're nasty. Try to stick to a blueberry or something quite fruity.

If i was looking at a place to buy i'd try the below site, does good value juices and deliveries are always fast.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Thanks all. See this is all very confusing. I will go to a shop but do want a general idea as I know shops can be hit or miss. I don't want them to just sell me the stock they can't shift. I won't go for the Eleafe I stick Pico so. I'll go with the eGo AIO as j26m suggested - not that it matter too much but I do like the look of that one and it's not as expensive. DirtyB I'm out in D5 but work City Centre so could definitely make it into town. Is there a shop in town you could recommend? I see there is one on Talbot Street (that would be very handy) is that any good?
    You are all very kind to reply as I'm sure you are getting bored of these questions, but honestly it's a mine field out there.

First of all well done on giving up the smokes.
    It's not easy but switching over to vaping will hopefully do the trick.
    I'm off them 5 weeks but I only really smoked 6-7 a day. When I gave up I wasn't using anything for 3 weeks but I had to get something as I had a night out planned and wouldn't be able to cope without something.
    I got a Joyetech eGo AIO and find it grand. I got a few fruit flavoured juices. They are mostly 0mg (nicotine free). When out for beers I use a bit of 6mg apple flavour. The AIO comes with a 0.6 ohm coil but I got a 1.5ohm coil as it it suits better for mouth to lung (MTL) inhaling. There is an air control on the AIO which can be adjusted for a tighter draw. When I started vaping I didn't think it would work out but stick with it and you'll be grand.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I only started using a pico today and I am very happy with it,I stuck up a post earlier in another thread in this forum about my experience so far.

Best of luck!!!

Advertisement