Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag Science

Options
  • 22-09-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I hope someone can help me, and apologies if this question has already been asked.
    My daughter is currently in 6th year in Galway. She is currently thinking of dropping German as she is finding it difficult, she is also receiving resources or dyslexia. She want to take up AG Science as a subject, but her school does not offer this as a subject choice, so my questions are as follows;
    1. Can you pick up a subject this late in the LC cycle
    2. Can you study a subject outside of school
    3. Will she have to attend another school who offers this subject for direction
    4. How will I go about this, and what do I have to do if this is possible

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have looked for information on the internet, but its difficult to find the right answer.

Thank you in advance

Car

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

She 'may' be able to drop German as a subject, but she will probably still have to attend the German classes, as the school is unlikely to have cover to supervise random students out of class.

1. Yes you can, though she will need to inform her school's Examinations Secretary that she intends to sit Ag. Sc.. There is also a project element which has to be submitted by April or so.

2. Yes, if she can find somewhere to study it, or she can study it herself at home.

3. No, but she will need a teacher to sign off that her project is her own work. It might be worth asking the teachers in her school. They may not offer Ag. Sc., but there may be a teacher qualified to teach it, who doesn't.

4. See above.

Advertisement