Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All coffees taste the same from my machine?

• 22-09-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I got a DeLonghi coffee machine as a present but every coffee I made in it tasted the same, which was very disappointing. For example, I didn't taste any difference between a cheaper coffee and 3fe. Both tasted the exact same.

Anyone know why this is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Do you smoke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Unrefined palate?
    Buy some coffee syrups.. hazelnut, vanilla and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

davo2001 wrote: »
    Do you smoke?

No!

antix80 wrote: »
    Unrefined palate?
    Buy some coffee syrups.. hazelnut, vanilla and the like.

I don't think so. 3fe should taste smooth and rounded but it's more bitter, like every coffee I make from it. I don't really like coffee syrups, too sweet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Do you clean the machine with detergent?

Is it an espresso machine?

You should pull a shot of water before and after your espresso to clean it out as well. You should also descale once or twice per year.

Are you grinding your beans? If so the grinder needs to be cleaned as well.

How do you normally take your coffee? Milk/Sugar?

What specific 3FE coffees have you tried?

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Do you clean the machine with detergent?

Is it an espresso machine?

You should pull a shot of water before and after your espresso to clean it out as well. You should also descale once or twice per year.

Are you grinding your beans? If so the grinder needs to be cleaned as well.

How do you normally take your coffee? Milk/Sugar?

What specific 3FE coffees have you tried?

I've cleaned it but not with detergent. But I had the same problem even when the machine was new and still clean. It's an espresso machine yes, I always clean it with water when I'm finished. I usually take my coffee with milk and one sugar. The 3fe I tried was Momentum Blend.

I love coffee and it was a pricey enough machine I'm sure, so I'm really disappointed that the coffee doesn't taste nice even with a really good blend. It always just tastes like coffee you'd get in a cheap cafe.

Should there be a distinct difference? I would've thought so but maybe when making it at home it's different. Is the coffee 3fe sells the same as the one they brew in their cafe?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

what is the machine? Maybe try a really distinct coffee (ask in 3FE) Try brewing at a lower temperature if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Expensive coffee with milk and sugar ? No wonder it taste the same lol:
    Ps . None of Delonghi machines capable to pull espresso shot with similar to 3fe's quality . You can buy Delonghi for €300 or €1200 , still won't be as good .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

What type of Delonghi machine do you have?

Maybe you are packing the portafilter too tightly and as a result the coffee can come out slower and maybe not the right flavour.

With the Dedica I have (15 bar) it is not strong enough to push out the coffee if you overtamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

How long does it take to pull a shot of coffee out of the machine, what is your usual bean weight in grams/coffee out in ml?

• Advertisement
Advertisement