Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap rubbish disposal? Only 2 bags of rubbish a month

• 22-09-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey there, I live alone in an apartment. I don't cook at home so I only have 2 medium rubbish bags at the most per month. All the companies take 160e for 6 months and they come every week and I wouldn't even have enough rubbish.

Is there a company that only takes money for the number of rubbish bags you have?
    Or something cheaper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I do a pay as you go type setup with clean Ireland. Small annual charge of 30/40eu and then pay by weight after that. Just make sure I have credit on the account and good to go..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

can you recycle??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Are there any of the big yellow bins near you? €7 for 2 big bags.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'm in the same situation as you, maybe get one small bag a week and am working abroad a lot so it's not financially viable or practical to organise a pickup service.

I'm not living in Clare at the moment, but I put my waste in the car and drop it to AES in Nenagh, 5er for a bag or if there's more it's by weight.

Maybe there's a similar service near where you live if you're driving?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

was gonna say the same as clareman the dump in inagh is only a 10 minute drive from town and you pay per bag .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭claregal1

Mr Bin man does a pay as you go system and you can also recycle with them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Yes Inagh is your best bet.
    I use it myself sometimes ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hey there, I live alone in an apartment. I don't cook at home so I only have 2 medium rubbish bags at the most per month. All the companies take 160e for 6 months and they come every week and I wouldn't even have enough rubbish.

Is there a company that only takes money for the number of rubbish bags you have?
    Or something cheaper?

How about sharing one bin with some others who are in the same boat as yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flesheatingbug

was gonna say the same as clareman the dump in inagh is only a 10 minute drive from town and you pay per bag .

sorry to bring back an old thread but i'm a bit confused with inagh dump. They have two price lists, €5 for car or €7 per bag, which is it? cause if you had multiple bags that would be a huge price difference...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The €7 per car is just for recycling I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flesheatingbug

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The €7 per car is just for recycling I think?

ah, thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Advertisement