Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youghal Triathlon - moved from Sat 24 to Sunday 25

Options
  • 22-09-2016 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

In case anyone has not seen the email that was sent round in past hour or so (went to spam/junk etc), this is an email from the Moby Dick triathlon race organisers.....

Dear Competitors;

IMPORTANT!
    In the interests of everyones safety and enjoyment of our Moby Dick Triathlons and in light of the extremely poor forecast for Saturday we have taken the decision to move our races to Sunday instead. This is not a decision we have made lightly.
    Same times and same plans but the weather promises us much more favourable conditions.
    We THANK everyone for your understanding in this regard, refunds will be made to anyone who cannot attend but it being the last race of the season we would urge you to get out there and get stuck-in.
    Many races fell victim to the elements this past season and ours will be no exception but we hope you can still join us and we look forward to welcoming you all on Sunday.

I suppose it's better to delay the race instead of cancelling.
    I wonder if it will affect numbers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭the beerhunter

couldn't rearrange work to make it tomorrow. question for the locals, did it turn out brutal or just marginal after lunch today?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭paddyref

At 10 am this morning the time the kids race was due to start it was milling down and very windy and realistically that event would not have gone ahead, at 2pm the time for the off of the adults event the rain had abated but the sea was very choppy and would have been a very uncomfortable swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Lovely event in the end, really enjoyed it - the decision to postpone it was the right one as I doubt it would have gone ahead on Saturday, certainly not the swim. Conditions were good bar a fair headwind on the first half of the cycle, but then you get that behind you on the way back. Very well organised, highly recommended event. And hats off to South Coast Tri Club for taking the decision to reschedule on Wednesday, not many will do that so early on. It really gave me and I'm sure others time to re-organise to be there on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

A great event, that was well run by friendly volunteers. I am still new to this game, but will definitely have this in my calendar for next year.

Advertisement