Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10 mile 5.2.17@1.30pm

Options
  • 22-09-2016 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Giving the heads up that entries open up for this on the 1st of October and it normally sells out in no time. Just so people aren't whinging like DCM, don't say you weren't told early enough!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

tang1 wrote: »
    Giving the heads up that entries open up for this on the 1st of October and it normally sells out in no time. Just so people aren't whinging like DCM, don't say you weren't told early enough!!!

Doing it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Doing it yourself?

Doubt it, my own clubs 10 mile is usually the same day so I best support that plus it's on my doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MacAttackJ

Does that date mean it finally won't clash with the raheny five which is usually the last Sunday in January? Might try and make dungarvan if so, have heard good things from club runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Registration is now open for those who are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Thanks for the reminder. Signed up, looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Signed up again and hope to keep my progression going -

2015 - 75 min
    2016 - 69 min
    2017 - ???

Seems to work well for me, fast course and guaranteed cool weather.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Thanks I'm in! One more go at trying to improve over the three 10 milers - Dungarvan, Ballycotton & Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Took no chances and signed up this morning. This one sells out fast!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not going to run this. Going to wait for Ballycotton. Very unimpressed by whoever was responding to my emails last year.

I'm sure it's a great race but in my opinion a little courtesy goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Signed up! Haven't ran this race before.

• Advertisement

MacAttackJ wrote: »
    Does that date mean it finally won't clash with the raheny five which is usually the last Sunday in January? Might try and make dungarvan if so, have heard good things from club runners.

No clash next year, Raheny 5 is the 29th of Jan '17.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not going to run this. Going to wait for Ballycotton. Very unimpressed by whoever was responding to my emails last year.

I'm sure it's a great race but in my opinion a little courtesy goes a long way.

they are a lovely bunch (and volunteers too), what were you emailing about? Most information is available on their website.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tang1 wrote: »
    No clash next year, Raheny 5 is the 29th of Jan '17.

Is this same day or same weekend as Trim? Was going to sign up then saw you and remembered Trim :)

Is this same day or same weekend as Trim? Was going to sign up then saw you and remembered Trim :)

They won't tell me the date for Trim 2017 yet!!! I'll see some of the lads Sunday at the 3/4 and ask again.

Have it on very good authority Trim is the 5th of Feb 2017 to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Online entries now full and closed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Wow, that was quick! Great race, glad I got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Exiledirishman

Anyone got an entry for dungarvan 10 , 2017 that they're not using?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Transfers are not allowed by the race:

"Can I transfer my number if I can't run on the day?
    Under no circumstances can you transfer your race number and if this occurs you will be denied entry in the future."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Got my race number in the post today

Numbers are pre-printed with your first Name and age group e.g. "Jakey M40"
    Makes it a bit less likely that folks will engage in swapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Just an FYI, got confirmation too from Racer organisers regarding pacers....

"There are pacers every 5 minutes from 60 to 100 minutes "

See ye there.

Regards
    Muppet Man

I see Sergiu made a comment on his FB page along the lines of "you'd think they would waive the 25Euro entry fee for elites...". Wasn't saying he wouldn't pay to enter, just having a moan.

Anyhow, has turned into a bit of a sh*tstorm, with organisers and Charleville race director joining in. Makes for an interesting read!

Hope Sergiu takes to the start line all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I see Sergiu made a comment on his FB page along the lines of "you'd think they would waive the 25Euro entry fee for elites...". Wasn't saying he wouldn't pay to enter, just having a moan.

Anyhow, has turned into a bit of a sh*tstorm, with organisers and Charleville race director joining in. Makes for an interesting read!

Yep seen that, fantastic read!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Surely he's got some of that fundraising money he received for Rio left over & could use that to pay for his entry. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Good luck to all tomorrow.... Looks like a rain free race. Hope ye all hit your times and Get home safe.

Muppet man

Beat of luck all. Looks like we have a great day for it.

Results...Great runs from boardsies Jebuz and Myles Splitz.

http://www.myrunresults.com/events/john_treacy_dungarvan_10/1863/results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Another great Dungarvan 10, god the years are zipping past and I'm glad I'm still turning up at the starting line, albeit a bit slower this year :(

Perfect conditions today, didn't go to the hall for grub after, hit the road straight after it. Lots of training in store before Ballycotton :eek:

Advertisement