Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging Cheques in a Joint Account

Options
  • 22-09-2016 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi There, I just recently got married and have some cheques made out to both myself and my husband. Do I need to get him to sign the back of the cheques so I can lodge them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi There, I just recently got married and have some cheques made out to both myself and my husband. Do I need to get him to sign the back of the cheques so I can lodge them?
    Good Afternoon janice11687,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, this would depend on the names on the cheque, and if the cheque says 'Account Payee only'. If for example, the cheque is made out to Jane Doe and Joe Bloggs, and is marked Account Payee Only, this would have to lodged into a joint account of these names, similarly if it is made out to Jane and Joe Bloggs. If the cheque is not marked Account Payee only it can be lodged into your account if signed on the back. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any other queries. 

Thanks,

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 janice11687

All the cheques are going into a Joint account, my question is, as I will be lodging the cheques and my husband will not be there do I need to get him to sign the back of the cheques?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

All the cheques are going into a Joint account, my question is, as I will be lodging the cheques and my husband will not be there do I need to get him to sign the back of the cheques?
    Good Morning, 

If these cheques are made out to the both names as they appear on the account then you can lodge these. It is at the branches discretion so it is advisable to have your husband sign the cheque just in case.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Evie 

Advertisement