Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue with apple iphone 6 repair

Options
  • 22-09-2016 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi there.

I am currently on an 18 month, home phone, broadband and mobile bundle with about four months to go. In July of 2015 bought an iphone 6 from an eir shop to begin my billpay contract with eir. In May 2016 I noticed the screen would freeze intermittently,  but then the problem went away for a while. Then in July it started doing it again. Couldn’t answer the phone if a call came through when this was underway, couldn’t rely on it at all as it was so unpredictable when this would happen and how long it would last for. Anyway the problem is getting worse. Much worse.   I brought it into the eir shop I bought it from last week and they said it was out of warranty and to ring apple.  I rang apple and apple said I would need to pay them to have it repaired.

I’ve been told by some colleagues that under Irish consumer laws that it must still be covered under warranty,  but that warranty is with the seller, in this case , Eir.

Anyway, can you clarify? Have I been given correct information by that eir shop, or is eir responsible for fixing the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LuckyLoki

Just bumping this up, ready for Monday, and my answer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

LuckyLoki wrote: »
    Hi there.

I am currently on an 18 month, home phone, broadband and mobile bundle with about four months to go. In July of 2015 bought an iphone 6 from an eir shop to begin my billpay contract with eir. In May 2016 I noticed the screen would freeze intermittently,  but then the problem went away for a while. Then in July it started doing it again. Couldn’t answer the phone if a call came through when this was underway, couldn’t rely on it at all as it was so unpredictable when this would happen and how long it would last for. Anyway the problem is getting worse. Much worse.   I brought it into the eir shop I bought it from last week and they said it was out of warranty and to ring apple.  I rang apple and apple said I would need to pay them to have it repaired.

I’ve been told by some colleagues that under Irish consumer laws that it must still be covered under warranty,  but that warranty is with the seller, in this case , Eir.

Anyway, can you clarify? Have I been given correct information by that eir shop, or is eir responsible for fixing the phone?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi  LuckyLoki,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. iPhones come with a one year manufacturer’s warranty for hardware repair and in this case the warranty would lie with Apple. You can view the returns policy here http://support.eir.ie/mobile/faqs[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela

Advertisement