Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent Obligations after deposit paid??

Options
  • 22-09-2016 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've after signing the contracts on a house, the real estate agent has been unhelpful from the outset but now I'm getting quite frustrated as he's not even answering emails!

Where I stand in the process is; My solicitor has sent the signed contracts on to the vendors solicitor on the 9th September after he was happy the queries had been answered. The deposit has been paid and we have been waiting since then to hear back from the builders solicitor.

I've been trying to contact the real estate agent (again he's been unhelpful since the start) to get in to the house to complete a snag list and take some measurements etc.

I have the feeling they are dragging their heels as they are using the house as a show house to sell the last few houses on the development.

The estate agent only wb once giving me the times of an open viewing on the house which I couldn't make.

Is the agent obliged in any way to facilitate me (House is in Dublin I'm working in Cork?) Whats the best course of action here?

Also what kind of time line can I expect if I have the mortgage drawn down next week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

why are you not phoning him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Parchment wrote: »
    why are you not phoning him?

Tried ringing. When he did answer he just evaded questions and said he'd ring back. I like to keep everything documented over email for this kind of thing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,684 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Bad estate agents are especially bad at email, you'll probably need to do it al by phone, or in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

So, is the estate agent obliged to facilitate my request to open the house in order to complete a snag list?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

It is the vendors solicitor you should be dealing with at this stage, through your own solicitor. Estate agent has taken his deposit and has no further interest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement