Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which 2-0 Teams Won't Qualify for Playoffs

• 22-09-2016 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

So, which of the teams with perfect records so far are enjoying false dawns?

So, who is going to tank? 28 votes

Baltimore
    0% 0 votes
    Philadelphia
    14% 4 votes
    Minnesota
    21% 6 votes
    New England
    10% 3 votes
    New York Giants
    7% 2 votes
    Pittsburgh
    17% 5 votes
    Houston
    7% 2 votes
    Denver
    21% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Eagles, Texans and Giants would be the most likely I'm my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I am an idiot; didn't allow multiple selections. Guess we can pick the teams who will end up with the worst records.

I think Baltimore. They have had a soft start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

None. They're all scutter. New England have the best chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Philly will fall away,starting Sunday against Pittsburgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ravens and Eagles.

I'm not a big fan of the Texans either but their division is very soft and they're already 2 games up on the Colts so I think they might scrape through (though I'd pick the Colts as the 0-2 team most likely to make the playoffs).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

How good is that Ravens' defence, Paully? Improvement, evidently. But are they okay yet, or still well below average?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Surprised people are so down on the Ravens. They were crippled with injuries last season, and still lost a lot of single-score games. They're a model "find a way" team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Giants will get hit by the injury bug again

Eagles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Philly will fall away,starting Sunday against Pittsburgh
    No Form League:-D:-D:-D

• Advertisement

Statistics show you have around a 75% chance of making the playoffs after going 3-0. The following are now 3-0 after this week's games:

Broncos
    Eagles
    Patriots
    Ravens
    Vikings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Paully D wrote: »
    Statistics show you have around a 75% chance of making the playoffs after going 3-0. The following are now 3-0 after this week's games:

Broncos
    Eagles
    Patriots
    Ravens
    Vikings

The Ravens stand out like a sore thumb on that list for me as they have had a fairly soft schedule to date (2 of the teams they have beat are now 0-3)

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The Ravens stand out like a sore thumb on that list for me as they have had a fairly soft schedule to date (2 of the teams they have beat are now 0-3)

I completely agree, but:

Yet we could be 5-0 in a couple of weeks and will hopefully be no worse than 4-1 as we host the Raiders and Redskins in the next 2.

When you look at the schedule however there's obviously 4 games against the Steelers and Bengals to come and a trip to New England that are scary, but apart from that:

@ Giants
    @ Jets
    @ Cowboys

Vs Dolphins
    Vs Eagles

If we even went 2-3 in the divisional + Patriots games, split the New York trip and the 2 home games and throw in a defeat in Dallas and you're looking at around a 9-7 or 10-6 season depending on how the next 2 home games go.

Complete guesswork of course and we could very easily go 0-5 or 1-4 from the Bengals/Steelers/Patriots games.

It will be interesting to follow as we look miles from a playoff team IMO but the W's are adding up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Paully D wrote: »
    I completely agree, but:

Yet we could be 5-0 in a couple of weeks and will hopefully be no worse than 4-1 as we host the Raiders and Redskins in the next 2.

When you look at the schedule however there's obviously 4 games against the Steelers and Bengals to come and a trip to New England that are scary, but apart from that:

@ Giants
    @ Jets
    @ Cowboys

Vs Dolphins
    Vs Eagles

If we even went 2-3 in the divisional + Patriots games, split the New York trip and the 2 home games and throw in a defeat in Dallas and you're looking at around a 9-7 or 10-6 season depending on how the next 2 home games go.

Complete guesswork of course and we could very easily go 0-5 or 1-4 from the Bengals/Steelers/Patriots games.

It will be interesting to follow as we look miles from a playoff team IMO but the W's are adding up.

That is actually a very manageable schedule alright, really should give ye a shot at making the playoffs.

Advertisement