Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for PhD in chemistry

• 22-09-2016 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

If there are any PhD chemists out there I'd really appreciate some advice,

I have a BSc in chemistry (2.2) worked as a research tech for a year and in 2014 completed a taught MSc with a focus in organic chemistry, for which I got a 2.1 grade.

I found it difficult to find work in research chem without a PhD so I've been working as a QC analyst for the last 2 years,

I've decided if I want to work in research, a PhD in organic chemistry is the way to go.

For the last few weeks I've been trying to refresh my chemistry knowledge but I'm pretty rusty and I'm wondering at what level I need to be at before contact a potential supervisor or if I should wait till the new year

Also if I would actually considered as a candidate even though I haven't done any organic chemistry for 2 years.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement