Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo views

Options
  • 22-09-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Evening all.
    I have an interest in photography and the last time I was in Sligo was for a match in Markievicz park and had to head away after the game, not even time for a cup of tea...... I will be coming through Sligo in a week or two and will have a few hours to spare...

I have seen some terrific images of Classibawn, Mullaghmore, Lough Gill, Glencar, Rosses point and Benbulben. Where would be the best place to photograph Classibawn and Ben bulben from? Or are there other hidden gems. I will have about 4 hours I hope.

Would appreciate any help or advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

Drive around mullaghmore head for classiebawn and ben bulben. Youl know the spot when you see it. (edit-that's them together, rereading your post you may have meant separately. There is also some great views from streedagh beech near grange)

I'd also recommend the road from cliffoney towards kinlough. (drive away from the mullaghmore turn, side of the school) you can get a great view of ben whisken and ben bulben there.

From there, head to the gleniff horse. You could get classiebawn with Sliabh Liag behind it on a clear day

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭glaswegian

great suggestions from overshoot, you could also go on the benbulben trail where you can walk the length of the mountain and take in some fantastic views.

Advertisement