Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be bad form to submit a maintenance request to fix a clogged toilet?

Options
  • 22-09-2016 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ok this is embarrassing. So I'm in on-campus accommodation and today I took a **** so large that is has clogged the toilet. It has been 5 flushes now and it hasn't budged. If there was a plunger there I would attempt to fix it myself but there isn't. I don't want to have to walk 30 minutes and back to a hardware store tomorrow to buy a plunger to fix it.

I was thinking of submitting a maintenance request to fix it, but I am worried it will make me seem super immature and stupid. Calling maintenance to fix a toilet because there is a **** in it makes me seem like an idiot college student who can't do anything for himself. But I mean there isn't a plunger in the bathroom so what else am I supposed to do?

Sorry this is such a dumb thread. I had to make a throwaway account and email to make this thread. This **** has literally ruined my day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Unwind a coat hanger and have a poke about til it clears. Or get rubber gloves/tie a plastic bag around your arm, put your hand in the bowl and clear it that way. Not pleasant, but only takes a few seconds. At least it's only your crap like!

I'd be embarrassed calling maintenance for that when it's such an easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Roll up your sleeves and stick your hand down in to the bowl,probably stuck at the bend :(

And a 30min walk wont kill you either,always handy to have a plunger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

If ever I saw a case for "blasting {'em} with pi$$", this is surely it. No?

Edit: square brackets now make words disappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 toiletclogger

"Unwind a coat hanger and have a poke about til it clears. Or get rubber gloves/tie a plastic bag around your arm, put your hand in the bowl and clear it that way. Not pleasant, but only takes a few seconds."

Thanks for this. I was looking on the internet for way to fix a clogged toilet without a plunger but they were all way too complicated. Think I'll try the rubber gloves method. By the way, is the automatic quote system not working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Ring your Mum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Try the clothes hanger. Also you can get drain cleaner in the supermarket. Pour it down the toilet as well ans it will clear anything that remains

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I hope you submitted the maintenance request if you're on campus as opposed to poking at it yourself - the requests are free and they don't give you a plunger to sort these things yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Take a bigger dump. It'll shove the first one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Just for posterity, there's a reason they've a dedicated maintenance team.

If you break/block/lose something, make a reasonable attempt at fixing it, but don't be afraid to put in a request.

I can personally guarantee you they've seen worse.

Advertisement