Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident in Stoneybatter this evening?

Options
  • 22-09-2016 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see what happened in/around the Centra shop in Stoneybatter this evening? While attempting to drive up Manor St. there were several Garda vehicles around the entrance of the shop, and parked out in the middle of the road with lights flashing, and more arriving with sirens on, and loads of Gardai around, some in what looked like bullet proof vests. There were Garda vans, unmarked cars, the whole lot. There were loads of manky skangers looking on and shouting, but no idea who or what they were shouting at or about! There was a car with a couple of skangers in it parked outside too and they seemed to be shouting about something. It was all very bizarre looking. Anyone know what it was all about?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Most Garda would wear a stab vest as standard, this might explain the "bulletproof vests" you saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Most Garda would wear a stab vest as standard, this might explain the "bulletproof vests" you saw.

Certainly possible! I wouldn't be well-up on my bullet/stab proof garments, thankfully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gali_ll

I was in there just before 7.00pm.

2/3 girls and 1/2 men burst in. One of girls was screaming 'rapist'\'molester' at one of the men.
    They chased him around the shop and cornered him in the cafe area.

This went on for about 10mins and was still going on when I left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

gali_ll wrote: »
    I was in there just before 7.00pm.

2/3 girls and 1/2 men burst in. One of girls was screaming 'rapist'\'molester' at one of the men.
    They chased him around the shop and cornered him in the cafe area.

This went on for about 10mins and was still going on when I left.

Jaysus!:eek: That might explain all the shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I miss Stoneybatter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement