Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Materials Up the north (BREXIT)

Options
  • 22-09-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Anyone buying building materials up the north since brexit.

any savings compaired to the south, Any feedback or experiences welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

emmett99 wrote: »
    Anyone buying building materials up the north since brexit.

any savings compaired to the south, Any feedback or experiences welcome

Brexit hasn't happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emmett99

kceire wrote: »
    Brexit hasn't happened yet.

I know but as a result of the vote sterling has dropped in value

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

emmett99 wrote: »
    I know but as a result of the vote sterling has dropped in value

Not much of a response here, anyone?

I will be pricing in the coming months for Second Fix material so any pointers?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Wegian wrote: »
    Not much of a response here, anyone?

I will be pricing in the coming months for Second Fix material so any pointers?

Best to ring the local shops then ring uk shops and price plus shipping and allowing for your trades to fit materials supplied by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

We priced around and are finding the prices are rising for the likes of tiles etc as they are imported from European countries etc... gbp has strengthened a bit recently don't follow markets only the exchange rate but value of euro dropped against gbp around 2 weeks ago... I love going up North, they have a real clean friendly approach... also to be had in south but I've been to a few places that have had rude salesmen... it makes no sense to me you go in ready to buy (we are a new build) and the guy on the floor makes zero effort... everywhere up north we went the bent over backwards to help us
    Next home i know has huge savings but you need Northern address and you need to transport items down yourself.
    There's something also with VAT numbers so we don't have a vat number but perhaps builders can claim vat back. They have more syringent regulations re internal designs etc so I also find the salesmen and crafmamship knowledge to be very high.

• Advertisement
Advertisement