Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Out in Limerick

• 22-09-2016 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Apologies if there's already a thread on this. I couldn't seem to find one. Myself and some friends are headed to Limerick for a night out pretty soon and we were wondering about some decent spots to go to for a few drinks? Somewhere with a bit of life and we could maybe have a lil dance or 3. We're only there for one night so want to make the most of it.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Are ye staying in the city centre? Most decent bars are walking distance apart. Usual spots would be Nancy's,Flannerys and the red hen for places with a busy night trade.

Smyth's bar and icon nightclub are also right there. All these spots are on Denmark street or around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Thanks for suggestions! We're staying in a place called Pery's. I think it's Gentworth Street.

What age group are we taking? Are ye looking for a night club or a late bar? Plenty of places to go but depends on what you want from a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Costello's, it's around the corner from your hotel, upstairs is a club and down stairs late bar...it's the business

Costello's, it's around the corner from your hotel, upstairs is a club and down stairs late bar...it's the business

Not for everyones taste though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not for everyones taste though.

Agreed, its like stepping back in time. I like it but I know a lot of people wouldn't be seen dead in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

What age group are we taking? Are ye looking for a night club or a late bar? Plenty of places to go but depends on what you want from a night out.

Well it's my 30th so we're all in or around that age mark. We're looking for somewhere with a bit of life, possibly somewhere with some live music too. And maybe a late bar or club to finish off the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Definitely better off strolling down the the Denmark street/Market area. You will have loads of pubs to choose from and can easily move on somewhere else if you like.

Only go to Nancy's if you don't mind big crowds. It gets absolutely wedged in there.

Start off in Jerry Flannerys around the corner from the Perry hotel. Great spot. Take jofsprings advice after that. Charlie Chaplins have a cocktail bar if that's yer thing which can be on the way from the Perry to Denmark street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A group in their 30s would probably meet their children drinking in Charlie Chaplin's. :p

If you're looking for live music then the likes of the Old Quarter and Cobblestone Joe's are good spots for that. These bars are all close to the likes of Nancy Blake's and Flannery's too. If you want to go onto a club then you have Icon near by though thirty somethings might find it bit of a stretch age wise. That area is as close to Dublin's Temple Bar as Limerick gets.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    A group in their 30s would probably meet their children drinking in Charlie Chaplin's. :p

If you're looking for live music then the likes of the Old Quarter and Cobblestone Joe's are good spots for that. These bars are all close to the likes of Nancy Blake's and Flannery's too. If you want to go onto a club then you have Icon near by though thirty somethings might find it bit of a stretch age wise. That area is as close to Dublin's Temple Bar as Limerick gets.

Oh absolutely. Had some great nights there when I was 16 :P I meant during the day though on the way to town.

Advertisement