Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owed pay and P45 from employer

Options
  • 22-09-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I finished up in my job on 31st August. My final pay didn't include pay for annual leave that I'm owed and I still haven't received my P45. I was employed part time and I sent my manager my final casual docket for social welfare and it was never sent back to me, losing me about €140. Text messages and phone calls are going unanswered. Is there anything I can do? I left on good terms so I can't understand what's happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Physically go into the premises and speak to your manager face-to-face. You'll be more likely to get an answer that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I left on good terms

In your mind, you did.

But they don't care enough to even do the basic paperwork for you. So not good terms from their side.

I'd follow the advice above and try for a face-to-face discussion first.

Failing that, contact Revenue and ask them to request the P45. It may scare the employer into getting their s*** together.

How much annual leave were you owed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

In your mind, you did.

But they don't care enough to even do the basic paperwork for you. So not good terms from their side.

Failing that, contact Revenue and ask them to request the P45. It may scare the employer into getting their s*** together.

I really thought I had left on good terms. Did everything I could to make the exit as hassle free as possible for them.

I'm only owed a couple of days annual leave so it's not the end of the world if I don't get it. More worried now about using them as a reference for a future job.

I'll call into the office on Monday and if I don't have any success I'll try Revenue as you suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

In your mind, you did.

"Scare" in what way?,

Op, were you paid weekly/fortnightly/monthly? You may have to wait for the next payroll cycle for your outstanding wage.

Also, from experience of reading threads about annual leave, some find it a lot harder to calculate leave entitlement when job is part time, are you certain your calculations are correct for leave accrued up to the date you left?

davo10 wrote: »
    "Scare" in what way?,

Op, were you paid weekly/fortnightly/monthly? You may have to wait for the next payroll cycle for your outstanding wage.

Also, from experience of reading threads about annual leave, some find it a lot harder to calculate leave entitlement when job is part time, are you certain your calculations are correct for leave accrued up to the date you left?

I was paid monthly.

I'm certain about the annual leave. I was there for more than half the year this year and used less than half of my allowance for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I was paid monthly.

I'm certain about the annual leave. I was there for more than half the year this year and used less than half of my allowance for the year.

It's possible you are due another payment for holidays, which may not have been processed in time for the August salary.

Revenue will not intervene regarding you receiving a P45. They see that as an issue between you and your employer.

But, if you are due another payment in a month's time, that is when the company will be able to issue a P45 and not before that time.

But, if you are due another payment in a month's time, that is when the company will be able to issue a P45 and not before that time.

Thanks very much. That makes sense. Hopefully that's what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Revenue will not intervene regarding you receiving a P45. They see that as an issue between you and your employer.

That's not what a number of posters have have experienced: Revenue cannot force and employer to issue a P45, but they will writ letters reminding employers of their obligations.

I'm struggling to see how the OP could be expecting another pay, when they left and received a final pay in August. Maybe they will get one, and happy days if they do. But I don't see why this would be the case for a person paid monthly, provided they've given a month's notice of their leaving.

That's not what a number of posters have have experienced: Revenue cannot force and employer to issue a P45, but they will writ letters reminding employers of their obligations.

I'm struggling to see how the OP could be expecting another pay, when they left and received a final pay in August. Maybe they will get one, and happy days if they do. But I don't see why this would be the case for a person paid monthly, provided they've given a month's notice of their leaving.

I gave the months notice so I presumed that the pay the end of August was my final pay. Maybe payroll didn't get the notice of the holiday pay in time? I guess I'll find out next week if the missing pay comes through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Depends on who you get in Revenue I suppose - if they send out a letter he'll be doing well.

Final pay were the OPs words. Without a P45 it's not a useful term.

OP, I'd head into the company next Monday when the accounts department will be concentrating on month end payroll and try and talk to the owner/GM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement