Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen guns poi TV

Options
  • 22-09-2016 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm a member of a few forums on Facebook and one of them is called POI TV. He's a young lad doing hunting videos and reviews and such
    Poor lad had the whole lot cleaned out by thieves today shotguns and rifles. Just goes to show you about putting your stuff on the net
    Be careful of pictures you put up on Facebook as we all know there are c**nts out there who are friends of friends etc.
    Not sure about here but in uk it seemingly will lead to your licence or FAC as they call it being taken away as your basically advertising your weapons
    Something to think about

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Seen it. Fairly crap situation to be in.

I'm not a big picture or video person, but i have a few out there.

Cannot see it leading to a revocation of your firearm licenses here, but i can see you getting a call, if they bothered to check, about what exactly you put up. I've seen some fairly stupid stuff including credit cards with the numbers showing, licenses with details showing, even something as simple as a gun with the serial showing.

It's why we have an unofficial rule here about posting personal information such as e-mails, phone numbers, etc. Has the possibility to be abused.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Shaner82 wrote: »
    Not sure about here but in uk it seemingly will lead to your licence or FAC as they call it being taken away as your basically advertising your weapons

True. As well as any guns you had that the thieves may have missed.

tac

Advertisement