Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just seen on Xbox UK's instagram they're bringing the Storm Grey S to the UK market soon.

That looks close enough to black for some who might want it.

Aaaahhhhh f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

Does the One S support 3D?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Soarer wrote: »
    Does the One S support 3D?

Yes it does

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

breeno wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

any ideas of the best deal out there for a one s? Hopefully with Fifa but any deal would be considered!

Hold off until next week, I'm sure they'll be doing some Gears Of War 4 / Fifa bundles. That's what I'm waiting for anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭breeno

Thanks, will hold off so. Was getting tempted to go the second hand route.

Is there something on or released next week that will hopefully trigger a few offers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm absolutely delighted I got the One S. Much neater console but the it seems to boot up much quicker.

Also looks much better on my 4k TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm absolutely delighted I got the One S. Much neater console but the it seems to boot up much quicker.

Also looks much better on my 4k TV.
    Did you use your old Xbox One on the 4K TV.

Yup for about 4/5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I agree that its far better on the 4K tvs. I have both Xboxs side by side here and running the same game. Flicked in between and there are noticeable differences in picture quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I agree that its far better on the 4K tvs. I have both Xboxs side by side here and running the same game. Flicked in between and there are noticeable differences in picture quality

What game as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

went into gamestop today to ask how much credit would i get for my 1tb xb1
    only offered 125 i said no thanks

• dunworth1 wrote: »
    went into gamestop today to ask how much credit would i get for my 1tb xb1
    only offered 125 i said no thanks

You will get way more in cex

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You will get way more in cex

You get €150 with no box.

I sold my 500GB with Guitar Hero for €200 on Facebook recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gar318

Iv ordered the 1tb Xbox one s battlefield edition from Microsoft it says release date is 13/10/2016 does anyone know if that's the day il receive the Xbox or the day they will ship it ?

and also would anyone know usually how long it takes for Microsoft Ireland to deliver I'm getting itchy feet now waiting for it and want to trade my 360 into cex

Edit: just checked my bank account and money's been withdrawn in the last few hours from Microsoft so hopefully that's a good sign as according to the website funds are not withdrawn until the item is ready to ship so fingers crossed it arrives on the 13th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Picked one up after selling in my original One. I just wanted something that was more ergonomic as i haven't much room at home. I'm also a sucker for gadgets :D. Really liking it compared to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Picked one up after selling in my original One. I just wanted something that was more ergonomic as i haven't much room at home. I'm also a sucker for gadgets :D. Really liking it compared to the original.

Got Xbox One S 1TB and Fifa for 317e on Amazon with Discount I had, not bad at all.
    And it would have been 300e if waited 2 days as sterling crashed big last week, most sell Old X1 now ASAP.

Pros:
    - Either way Im loving the white over black and all my AV equipment is black so thats saying something.
    - Like new controller too and white is pleasing to the eye.
    - Having 780GB Diskspace is useful as 500GB was fill and that was just 8 games installed from disks, no downloads.
    - Having no huge power adapter is a major plus.
    - 40% Smaller makes it much cleaning and smaller footprint too.

Cons
    - Missing Kinect port is a pain but an hour on MS and they sending the adapter.
    - HDMI 4K Passthrough not supported. This is annoying as bought X1 S s 4k Device for my Sky Q UHD and Netflow 4k.

Xbox one Hardware is fine as HDMI Passthrough is is 2.0a and 2.2 compliant but MS havent software doesnt allow it.
    Feature requested a +1 for this from forums and lots ina rms over it.
    https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/15529962-allow-4k-passthrough-on-xbox-one

Other that that, lovely machine, must pick up some 4k Blurays next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

kevin2me wrote:
    Cons - Missing Kinect port is a pain but an hour on MS and they sending the adapter..

What you do ring them?

I contacted them on web chat only took 15 mins, received it within a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

kevin2me wrote: »
    Got Xbox One S 1TB and Fifa for 317e on Amazon with Discount I had, not bad at all.
    And it would have been 300e if waited 2 days as sterling crashed big last week, most sell Old X1 now ASAP.

Pros:
    - Either way Im loving the white over black and all my AV equipment is black so thats saying something.
    - Like new controller too and white is pleasing to the eye.
    - Having 780GB Diskspace is useful as 500GB was fill and that was just 8 games installed from disks, no downloads.
    - Having no huge power adapter is a major plus.
    - 40% Smaller makes it much cleaning and smaller footprint too.

Cons
    - Missing Kinect port is a pain but an hour on MS and they sending the adapter.
    - HDMI 4K Passthrough not supported. This is annoying as bought X1 S s 4k Device for my Sky Q UHD and Netflow 4k.

Xbox one Hardware is fine as HDMI Passthrough is is 2.0a and 2.2 compliant but MS havent software doesnt allow it.
    Feature requested a +1 for this from forums and lots ina rms over it.
    https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/15529962-allow-4k-passthrough-on-xbox-one

Other that that, lovely machine, must pick up some 4k Blurays next.

The lack of power brick is great. I bloody hated that thing.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What you do ring them?

I contacted them on web chat only took 15 mins, received it within a week!

Ya did web chat, they were lovely but rep was completely brain dead individual.

Basically i had every serial number and everything logged and my address on 1st chat window ye took 70 minute sin web chat to get ok thats being processed now.

For love of god she couldnt under stand Ireland has no states or postcodes :)
    I was like here is eircode, put that in and cork as state, but no that took about 40 mins to compute :) Your items will arrive in 20 working days yikes!

Bangs head :)

• Advertisement

The lack of power brick is great. I bloody hated that thing.

No power brick was the main reason i bought it bar 4K !!! :)

I have so much cables, didnt want that big brick heating up next to all cables.

Gas to think with size of S and no power brick, that why they couldnt have that done 2 years ago!

This just arrived to email, sweet!
    "Your replacement Xbox accessory has been shipped via DHL"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

The Power brick is now inside the box instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

for those looking to use the new kinect adapter, it comes with its own power brick so get ready to welcome that bcak into your living room, albeit a smaller one, guess the main reason for skipping on the kinect port was to be rid of the power brick..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You mean to say that they're using the Power of the Cloud(TM) to bring you the power brick. :)

I picked up an Xbox One S at the weekend, to switch from a launch model that I had been using with a 4K TV for the last while (Samsung UE40KU6400)

While the device is significantly smaller and lighter than the previous model, the size hadn't bothered me before after it was put into the TV Cabinet. It was still a shock to see them side by side.

The One S is marginally quicker to boot and a little quicker in the Dashboard. It handles the upscaling of non-4k content really well, such as normal Xbox One and Xbox 360 titles when they are upscaled.

The TV pops up a little toast to say when a HDR app or game is started.

Forza Horizon 3 was pretty anyway, but looks amazing with HDR mode on.
    Netflix 4K content looks great.

Something that still impresses me, though, is Red Dead Redemption. For an old 360 title, the graphics have really aged quite well and look great on the 4K telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Dear Microsoft,

Please release a black version of the Xbox One S as soon as possible.

Regards,

Jordan 199.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Dear Microsoft,

Please release a black version of the Xbox One S as soon as possible.

Regards,

Jordan 199.
    There's a dark grey one out soon (currently exclusive to Game with FIFA) ... Maybe available in other bundles at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

There's a dark grey one out soon (currently exclusive to Game with FIFA) ... Maybe available in other bundles at some stage.

And the green BF1 version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Also available from Microsoft store

Also available from Microsoft store
    Cool. I thought you could only get the Blue FIFA one from MS, but you're right.
    (I'm happy out with my white one until Scorpio comes out next year :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Decided to take the plunge on the S today!

I reserved the 500gb model with BF1 from Smyths.
    I'll pick it up after work :)

Now, what to do with the old model?

Advertisement