Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Argus have a 2TB Hard Drive for about €80 I think, you should definately get it to go with the console

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Argus have a 2TB Hard Drive for about €80 I think, you should definately get it to go with the console

Already have a 2tb one Max, but thanks for the suggestion!

I was thinking of getting a 4tb a little down the road.
    This one in argos has a good price :)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5804672.htm

Think I saw that one in Amazon for €120ish

£110 Max, fantastic price :D

Anyone know can I get onto chat on xbox about the kinect adapter now, or do I need the serial number from the One S before I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

marcbrophy wrote: »
    £110 Max, fantastic price :D

Anyone know can I get onto chat on xbox about the kinect adapter now, or do I need the serial number from the One S before I do that?

Just use Web chat.

You need the old Xbox and Kinnect registered to your account with the new S aswell.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just use Web chat.

You need the old Xbox and Kinnect registered to your account with the new S aswell.

Grand, will get that sorted later on then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I didn't need to give them any serial codes when I was on with them, but I already had the One S registered on my account, so maybe they were able to pull all the data from there.

I didn't need to give them any serial codes when I was on with them, but I already had the One S registered on my account, so maybe they were able to pull all the data from there.

Yeah, I don't even have the S in my posession yet, I was just trying to get the jump on it!

I'll calm down now and relax a bit! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gar318

gar318 wrote: »
    Iv ordered the 1tb Xbox one s battlefield edition from Microsoft it says release date is 13/10/2016 does anyone know if that's the day il receive the Xbox or the day they will ship it ?

and also would anyone know usually how long it takes for Microsoft Ireland to deliver I'm getting itchy feet now waiting for it and want to trade my 360 into cex

Edit: just checked my bank account and money's been withdrawn in the last few hours from Microsoft so hopefully that's a good sign as according to the website funds are not withdrawn until the item is ready to ship so fingers crossed it arrives on the 13th

Well it came today 5 days earlier then expected and I missed the fecking delivery will have to wait till tomorrow but at least it's here for the weekend

Got a text there to say that my kinect adapter has arrived.
    It shipped on Friday after being onto web-chat on Thursday.
    That's pretty quick overall, I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Got a text there to say that my kinect adapter has arrived.
    It shipped on Friday after being onto web-chat on Thursday.
    That's pretty quick overall, I think :)

I got mine after about 6 days too, in crappy little envelope but all arrived safe and works! No I get how the reduced size X1 with S and no bower brick, amount bit that came with it not just simple cable, but 2 blocks one power and under for connect the kinect to X1s.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

gar318 wrote:
    Well it came today 5 days earlier then expected and I missed the fecking delivery will have to wait till tomorrow but at least it's here for the weekend

So it was delivered the day of release? On the 13th?

I'm interested because I've ordered the Storm Grey BF1 XB1S from the MS Store which is to be released on Friday and am wondering how long after that it'll be delivered.

kevin2me wrote: »
    I got mine after about 6 days too, in crappy little envelope but all arrived safe and works! No I get how the reduced size X1 with S and no bower brick, amount bit that came with it not just simple cable, but 2 blocks one power and under for connect the kinect to X1s.

Yeah, I debated with myself whether to lose the Kinect after buying the S, but I use voice commands a lot.
    I could have just used the media remote, but I like having the Kinect, so I'm willing to live with the power bricks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

High quality 'commercial'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    High quality 'commercial'

Definitely designed to appeal to anyone considering a ps4 pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Hi all looking for some suggestions here please.

I have an "old" 500MB xbox one with kinnect (like to keep) all in perfect working order.

One of my kids wants fifa and I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial to buy the one s fifa bundle and sell the old xbox...and potentially not end up paying too much more for the upgrade.

Has anyone done similar?
    What's the old xbox worth less the kinnect?
    Would it be worthwhile offloading it to somewhere like CEX?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

biebiebie wrote: »

I have an "old" 500MB xbox one with kinnect (like to keep) all in perfect working order.

One of my kids wants fifa and I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial to buy the one s fifa bundle and sell the old xbox...and potentially not end up paying too much more for the upgrade.

Has anyone done similar?

I sold my 500GB One with Guitar Hero for €200.

I bought the One S Fifa Bundle on Amazon for €217 and sold Fifa for €35 when the £199 deal was on.

I think it's a worthwhile upgrade but I do have a 4K TV as well.

I have seen them on Adverts for about €180 to €250
    CEX I think will give you about €120ish cash and €146 trade in

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think it's worth the upgrade unless you have a 4k/hdr tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth the upgrade unless you have a 4k/hdr tv.

With the packages on offer it can mean you get a new console (so a new warranty etc) for next to nothing when you sell the old plus the bundled games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

With the packages on offer it can mean you get a new console (so a new warranty etc) for next to nothing when you sell the old plus the bundled games.

I don't have a 4K TV.
    But yeah that's what I'm thinking, new 12 month warranty.

The new AC wifi doesn't being any advantages for me as the connection is wired directly into the router.

Plus when the next gen xbox comes out potentially the one s might be worth a little more, or at least be a bit more desirable second hand.

Hmm but then again the old xbox has proved itself to be reliable so far, and who knows how the Xbox S will fair for reliability?

Any thoughts on that aspect?

I don't have a 4K TV.
    But yeah that's what I'm thinking, new 12 month warranty.

The new AC wifi doesn't being any advantages for me as the connection is wired directly into the router.

Plus when the next gen xbox comes out potentially the one s might be worth a little more, or at least be a bit more desirable second hand.

Hmm but then again the old xbox has proved itself to be reliable so far, and who knows how the Xbox S will fair for reliability?

I've heard good few reports of issues with the network card in them. Not much else though. This was only with the initial batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Has anyone done similar?

Bought the €349 FIFA 17 500GB package at Smyth's (included Minecraft and a second new controller)

I sold a day one Xbox one (I kept kinect for myself) with no games for €200.

Sold the separate controller for €40 and Minecraft for a tenner.

For under €100 got the new console and FIFA 17, so I'm happy out.

It looks great on a 4K tv but if I still had a HD TV (or unless you're planning to get a 4k HDR TV soon) there's no reason to upgrade I can see unless you are so repulsed by the huge size of the original Xbox One.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Long term it's going to be as solid as the Xbox One. Despite shrinking the volume by 40%, they've still managed to keep the massive fan, and airflow is still good, so it's not going to be overheating.

As Runawaybishop said, there are reports of issues with the network cards on the first few batches that went out, but I'd say that was more down to an assembly issue than a systemic problem with the Xbox One S.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Argos selling the one s with halo 5, gears of war 4 and battlefield 1 for €320.

Seems like a good deal.

Any better currently?

Tinie wrote:
    Argos selling the one s with halo 5, gears of war 4 and battlefield 1 for €320.
    Seems like a good deal.
    Any better currently?

That's an insanely good deal!!

....I'm not seeing it on their site though

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    That's an insanely good deal!!

....I'm not seeing it on their site though

Go to battlefield bundle and then special offers

Tinie wrote:
    Go to battlefield bundle and then special offers

Yeah, sorry. I'm on mobile an the offers don't show up in red.

That's such a good deal!!!

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry. I'm on mobile an the offers don't show up in red.

That's such a good deal!!!

Yeah could easily get €50 or so each for GOW4 and battlefield 1 and a tenner or €15 for Halo 5. So approx €200 xbox one S.

Probably the best xbox one S deal so far.

• Advertisement

If you are not in a rush expect massive savings and bundles come the November sales. That Argos bundle is the best around currently. If you are near the border check the .co.uk site

Advertisement