Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

Lads,
    I'm looking to get the Xbox one S console for my kids this Xmas. There is a big difference in price between the 500GB and the 1TB. Is it worth forking over the extra euros for the 1TB? I'm looking at the Xbox one with Fifa 17 deals.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

teflon wrote: »
    Lads,
    I'm looking to get the Xbox one S console for my kids this Xmas. There is a big difference in price between the 500GB and the 1TB. Is it worth forking over the extra euros for the 1TB? I'm looking at the Xbox one with Fifa 17 deals.

Thanks!

You can buy an external hdd to expand teh storage, i think argos do 1tb for 70 quid but you'd usually see special offers of 2tb for 75/80.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

teflon wrote: »
    Lads,

Thanks!

500GB with Battlefield 1, Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 for €325 in Argos

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5992876.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

1TB with Fifa 17 and Gears Of War 4 for €345

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5988756.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

If either of the bundles games don't suit you could always sell them on and pick up some different games.

You can buy an external hdd to expand teh storage, i think argos do 1tb for 70 quid but you'd usually see special offers of 2tb for 75/80.

4TB Seagate drive on Amazon for £120.

Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 4 TB USB 3.0, Portable, 2.5 inch External Hard Drive for Xbox One and Xbox One S https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BV13S7S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gMEcybZJYSHNV

emmetkenny wrote: »

Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 4 TB USB 3.0, Portable, 2.5 inch External Hard Drive for Xbox One and Xbox One S https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BV13S7S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gMEcybZJYSHNV

Thats very good, USB powered too.

• Advertisement

Thats very good, USB powered too.

I'm tempted to get one myself :) my 2TB is nearly full so can transfer everything to this and then use the 2TB for films.

I'm tempted to get one myself :) my 2TB is nearly full so can transfer everything to this and then use the 2TB for films.

I have 3 drives attached to my xbox :/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gar318

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    So it was delivered the day of release? On the 13th?

I'm interested because I've ordered the Storm Grey BF1 XB1S from the MS Store which is to be released on Friday and am wondering how long after that it'll be delivered.

Yep was delivered the day it was released

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have 3 drives attached to my xbox :/
    Call it what it is.... A feckin data centre :p

Call it what it is.... A feckin data centre :p

You should see my office:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Very tempted again.............................this thread will be the financial ruination of us all :D

amadablam wrote: »
    Very tempted again.............................this thread will be the financial ruination of us all :D

I'm going to get this one on payday instead.

Seagate Expansion 4TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017KE8OG0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_F7qdybFKEV4JP

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm going to get this one on payday instead.

Seagate Expansion 4TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017KE8OG0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_F7qdybFKEV4JP

What RPM?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

M!Ck^ wrote:
    What RPM?

• MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Pass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Has anyone that has upgraded found the one s to be any quicker loading games/levels or is it mainly a better graphics card?

Im tempted to upgrade with the argos offer as trading a few bits in will cut the cost dramatically....

I don't have a 4K tv but I'm thinking on investing....

Has anyone that has upgraded found the one s to be any quicker loading games/levels or is it mainly a better graphics card?

Im tempted to upgrade with the argos offer as trading a few bits in will cut the cost dramatically....

I haven't done a side by side test yet but I haven't noticed any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I haven't done a side by side test yet but I haven't noticed any difference.

Unless you have a 4K TV there's no great need to upgrade (unless portability or UHD BD is a big thing for you). I recently switched from a launch Xbox One to an S on a 4K TV and it makes a good difference that the Xbox is handling the upscaling rather than the TV and the HDR makes a nice difference for video and Forza, etc.

Games load at more or less the same speed, there's a negligible frame bump in some games like Halo 5. So, if you have a 1080p TV I'd recommend hanging on for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone else's kinect not working with voice commands since the upgrade to the S?

I have spoken language set to English (UK) with keyboard language set to English (IE).
    I've re-done the kinect audio setup, restarted the xbox a bunch of times, and it still doesn't respond to me!

It may be of note, that I'm in the beta firmware program, and there may be some oversight here with countries that don't have Cortana access yet, I'm not certain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Have you tried saying "Hey Cortana"?

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone else's kinect not working with voice commands since the upgrade to the S?

I have spoken language set to English (UK) with keyboard language set to English (IE).
    I've re-done the kinect audio setup, restarted the xbox a bunch of times, and it still doesn't respond to me!

It may be of note, that I'm in the beta firmware program, and there may be some oversight here with countries that don't have Cortana access yet, I'm not certain :)

If you are set to UK then you are on the cortana release and need to say "hey cortana". IE is still on the old Xbox voice program. US is also on cortana.

Ok, it has started working again.

You guys are going to think I'm crazy, but I swear this is true :D

It wouldn't respond to me at all. When off, when on, in the menus, watching TV, trying to start an app!
    Then in an effort to show what settings I was using for here, I went to the Language and Location settings and said Xbox, take a screenshot.
    It was then when it finally responded, stating it couldn't take a screenshot here.

So it's working away now. No screenshot, but I no longer need it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Yeah, mine isn't working at all, camera sees me but i can't use it to sign in or with voice commands. Support are sending me another cable but if that doesn't work i reckon i'll just abandon the kinect.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Yeah, mine isn't working at all, camera sees me but i can't use it to sign in or with voice commands. Support are sending me another cable but if that doesn't work i reckon i'll just abandon the kinect.

That's exactly what was happening with mine too. Everything was set up and fine, it just seemed to ignore me.

Try making a command on the settings screen where you pick the spoken language, It worked randomly for me, so it might be worth a go for you :)

That's exactly what was happening with mine too. Everything was set up and fine, it just seemed to ignore me.

Try making a command on the settings screen where you pick the spoken language, It worked randomly for me, so it might be worth a go for you :)

I will give it a lash after work and report back

are-you-wizard.jpg

^^^^

Did it work?

That's brilliant :D

^^^^

Did it work?

That's brilliant :D

It did indeed, mental fix altogether. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

So are games like Forza 3 true 4K and HDR, or are they upscaled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

Soarer wrote: »
    So are games like Forza 3 true 4K and HDR, or are they upscaled?

They are not true 4k. they are however HDR. Forza looks good :-)

Advertisement