Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus eireann refund

Options
  • 23-09-2016 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, I am a weekly commuter from dundalk to Drogheda. I purchase a weekly bus eireann ticket to get me to and from both places, costing me 44 Euro a week. Tonight the last bus from Dublin, due in Drogheda bus station for 1am,never arrived. I waiting from 12.45 to 1.46 then hailed a taxi which cost me over 60e. I have a receipt,just wondering does anyone know if I am entitled to a refund here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

I would seriously doubt it tbh but you could check bus eireanns website, it'd have to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

event wrote: »
    I would seriously doubt it tbh but you could check bus eireanns website, it'd have to be there

This may be helpful..

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057629778

It happened before. Bus eireann denied compensation in the form of a taxi fare but offered a complimentary return ticket.

You might be luckier if only you were affected. Maybe a free weekly ticket? Still, don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Was it the 100 bus ex Drogheda?
    Happened to me a a few times with that service.
    You'll prob get refunded in time if you have the proof but by the time you fill in all the forms and explain your case you'll prob let it go due to just being completely pished off with all the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭blackeyedpeat

Happened to me last year on the 16th March. "Bus was unable to travel South of the river due to Paddy's day funfair."
    wrote an email with photo of ticket and taxi receipt. Offered a free return journey( I think to anywhere in Ireland for travel over the next month) Sent a second email again requesting a refund and explaining that there was no CIE employee on the street, no notice at the Bus stop, no info on the website, social media or phone line about cancelled buses. Got a full refund for the ticket and the full taxi fare.(The taxi also took us along the bus route so I new it wasn't blocked)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

keep the receipt, make a copy for yourself and send it in. You are entitled to a full reimbursement of taxi fares for bus no shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

malene wrote: »
    keep the receipt, make a copy for yourself and send it in. You are entitled to a full reimbursement of taxi fares for bus no shows.

It was over a year ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

malene wrote: »

Lol this... This is one of the many reasons why public sector and businesses are in crap

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

oops, but good to know for future reference.

Advertisement