Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour route tools

Options
  • 23-09-2016 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭

So I want to do a long spin tomorrow with a few stops at some interesting locations. It's a bit of a treasure hunt, so at each location I'll be trying to find a particular monument to take a photo of it.

Does anyone know of a free way of getting a route with designated stops on to my Garmin 500? I know I can create a route on various sites and load that, but I don't of any that allow for adding customised stops. An app for my Android would also work.

Failing that, I'll put the route in the Garmin and have a sheet of paper with
    - 45km - monument A
    - 47km - monument B
    - etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

buffalo wrote: »
    So I want to do a long spin tomorrow with a few stops at some interesting locations. It's a bit of a treasure hunt, so at each location I'll be trying to find a particular monument to take a photo of it.

Does anyone know of a free way of getting a route with designated stops on to my Garmin 500? I know I can create a route on various sites and load that, but I don't of any that allow for adding customised stops. An app for my Android would also work.

Failing that, I'll put the route in the Garmin and have a sheet of paper with
    - 45km - monument A
    - 47km - monument B
    - etc.

Use an 810 myself for this, but there's plenty out there for the Android, see https://www.androidpit.com/best-offline-gps-apps-for-android

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You can add manual cue entries that will pop up on your Garmin using ride with GPS, you can also add them as POI.

www.ridewithgps.com

Advertisement