Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden - Shinedown 3Arena May 6th

Options
  • 23-09-2016 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭

Iron Maidens gonna get ya

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Awesome!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah raging Shinedown are supporting them , dying to see them again but not the biggest Maiden fan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Interestingly enough I see that all the tickets are electronic Ticketmaster Paperless Tickets ONLY.
    So credit card entry only.
    Bruce Dickinson’s band are aiming to cut down the amount of tickets listed for “ludicrously inflated” prices on resale websites. Fans will not receive printed tickets for the group’s May arena tour, but will have to present photo ID and a credit card when they arrive at the show.

“We do not want our fans being ripped off either by counterfeit tickets or through costly mark-ups on so-called secondary ticketing websites,” manager Rod Smallwood said in a statement.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/iron-maiden/96631#FXhsCJGKYlJfhBvB.99

Excellent idea and more bands need to do it.
    I know in the US for very popular events ,touts buy the tickets using a prepaid credit card and sell that on but its hassle .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭prunudo

Zardoz wrote: »
    Interestingly enough I see that all the tickets are electronic Ticketmaster Paperless Tickets ONLY.
    So credit card entry only.

Excellent idea and more bands need to do it.
    I know in the US for very popular events ,touts buy the tickets using a prepaid credit card and sell that on but its hassle .

As a matter of interest how would that work if you were the ticket as a gift? Presume it means the card the ticket was bought on.

jvan wrote: »
    As a matter of interest how would that work if you were the ticket as a gift? Presume it means the card the ticket was bought on.

You would have to give that card to the person attending the gig

There are pros and cons for the system .
    It deters touts from buying tickets in the initial onsale .

It does mean it is messy though buying tickets as a gift or if your plans change between now and April and you can't make the gig.
    If you dont get tickets in the original on sale and it sells out its much more difficult/expensive to get secondary market tickets than would normally be the case .

Technically its not allowed but I read reports of Ticketmaster changing the card to which the tickets were alloted to if you rang them up.
    This was for u2 in the 3arena last year.

• Advertisement

what if I will use a credit card that expires in February 2017. Am I right to assume even if it it expired it will still work at the door?

Greg81 wrote: »
    what if I will use a credit card that expires in February 2017. Am I right to assume even if it it expired it will still work at the door?

Yes it will still work.

Guys any idea where I can find any codes for pre-sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Guys any idea where I can find any codes for pre-sale?

You need to be an Iron Maiden fan club subscriber imagine the deadline to receive codes has passed.

Locate someone who is on the 3 network; the presales for that are on Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

You need to be an Iron Maiden fan club subscriber imagine the deadline to receive codes has passed.

Locate someone who is on the 3 network; the presales for that are on Wed

Can't see the gig selling out immediately. People can't buy as gifts due to the annoying ticket system. The 2010 show didn't sell out

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can't see the gig selling out immediately. People can't buy as gifts due to the annoying ticket system. The 2010 show didn't sell out

Yeah I'm not sure do Iron Maiden really need to use the paperless ticketing system ,they aren't really that popular nowadays I'd have thought.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not sure do Iron Maiden really need to use the paperless ticketing system ,they aren't really that popular nowadays I'd have thought.

Better safe than sorry.

We will see on Friday.

Also on Friday (same time) tickets are going for sale for Metallica in Copenhagen. Only two gigs in 2017 (before Autumn) in Europe according to their web page.

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Better safe than sorry.

We will see on Friday.

Also on Friday (same time) tickets are going for sale for Metallica in Copenhagen. Only two gigs in 2017 (before Autumn) in Europe according to their web page.

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Stones Roses in Belfast next june on sale friday also (possible Dublin show to be announced by them too)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Good one!! Oh, wait, were you serious?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

I've a few ticketmaster vouchers that nearly cover the cost of a ticket.
    Can these be used to purchase for a paperless ticket gig?
    Will I be allowed to pay the balance on my card so I can bring that as proof of entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

has anybody been able to get a ticket on the 3 presale yet?

they were supposed to go onsale at 9, but my code isn't working :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

kierank01 wrote: »
    has anybody been able to get a ticket on the 3 presale yet?

they were supposed to go onsale at 9, but my code isn't working :/

Worked for me, you have to go through the threeplus site and not the regular ticketmaster site.

roast wrote: »
    Worked for me, you have to go through the threeplus site and not the regular ticketmaster site.

cheers, got them through that... :)

Got 2 standing tickets. Awesome!

****ing app when i search iron maiden and click into the dublin date its comes up as 'Sorry there no tickets available on the app please check ticketmaster.ie'

anyhow got my seated ticket on the website Block A row 27 seat 20

not happy i wont have a physical ticket only a stupid stub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Got my tickets for block C. Delighted.

Can't think of a better way to spend my 1st wedding anniversary.

Quick question about the pre-sale tickets from Three. Does anyone know if they only release tickets for blocks G and A?
    I was going to get them on pre-sale but didn't fancy sitting in those blocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Got my tickets for block C. Delighted.

Can't think of a better way to spend my 1st wedding anniversary.

Quick question about the pre-sale tickets from Three. Does anyone know if they only release tickets for blocks G and A?
    I was going to get them on pre-sale but didn't fancy sitting in those blocks.

I got mine through the 3 resale and am in Block N. It did take me rejecting tickets about 7-8 times before I eventually got one that I liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Entertainment budget from now until Christmas blown this morning!

blastman wrote: »

There's more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

block L row 34 middle-ish happy with that

blastman wrote: »

Tell me about it. Got already tickets for 7 different gigs.

sugarman wrote: »
    Accidentally deleted my pre sale text, so was on first thing this morning for a standing ticket.

Doesn't seem to have been any mad rush for tickets, prob due to it being ticketless.. which is a bit stupid to be honest.

That is probably the intention...

what used to happen was there was a mad rush for 10/20 mins, they would fully sell out on TM, and then appear on re-seller sites at whatever multiple you can afford.

now real fans can buy the tickets at their leisure, without crazy prices.

its certainly not perfect...people might want to but gifts, or peoples plans change & can't go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Accidentally deleted my pre sale text, so was on first thing this morning for a standing ticket.

Doesn't seem to have been any mad rush for tickets, prob due to it being ticketless.. which is a bit stupid to be honest.

I don't think this is it tbh. Iron Maiden wouldn't have the pull to sell out the 3Arena on the first day, probably not at all, I don't think the last show sold out iirc and this is more expensive than last time. Sure you would have had touts buying tickets for this if it wasn't paperless but still not enough for them to sell out.

You can be sure if someone like One Direction or that type of thing were doing paperless tickets it would have sold out instantly. And fair play to Maiden for making this ticketless anyway, as kierank01 said it ensures actual fans can buy tickets without fear of selling out anytime soon, it's not stupid at all, just respectful to fans.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Have to agree.....I think it's more of a hindrance than a help, bound to be hassle on the night, and lead to frustration.....could they not just limit 2 tickets per person/account? It's not gonna sell out straight away .....so pointless really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

So if it's not going to sell out, which it won't ( I just wanted to assured of standing) Theres absolutely no benefit of it being ticketless.

In fact, it's probably worse off. 12k metal heads, having drank all day. Trying to get into an event where everyones checking each and every person for ID. Going to be a nightmare.

Call me old fashioned, but I love my ticket collection and tough tits if you didn't get a ticket when they went on sale. A real fan would either get sorted or find an alternative show to go to.

And do you really think maid themselves had any say in it being ticketless? Lol

Just because it won't sell out here, doesn't mean it won't on other dates of the tour. I went to one of the London O2 gigs on the Somewhere Back in Time Tour a few years back and it sold out, quickly. It was also a paperless gig and there were no entry issues. Your card is your ticket, they swipe it, you go in, much like scanning your ticket, no hold ups, no arsing about.

I like keeping tickets for souvenirs too and will go for postal tix when available but it's not really a big deal either way. A "real fan" might not be able to afford a ticket that costs twice or three times the amount of face value (and lining a touts pockets at the same time) and it's fair to say that for a lot of gigs it's simply luck of the draw when you're sitting at your computer at 9am.

And yes, I'm sure Maiden or their management at some level close to the band had some say in the paperless decision. There's no benefit to them, monetarily or otherwise to go outside the normal ticket system. The likes of Ticketmaster and Live Nation I'm sure would love to keep it as normal as they get profits from people re-selling tickets on their tout sites.

Advertisement