Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden - Shinedown 3Arena May 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re: "anyhow got my seated ticket on the website Block A row 27 seat 20,
    not happy i wont have a physical ticket only a stupid stub
    ".

If you bought a seated ticket, you will still get a ticket.
    Otherwise there would be hundreds of people showing up with no idea where to sit.

I bought a seated ticket for U2 (the first paperless ticket event in Ireland), and I received a physical ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

poundhound wrote: »
    ".

Otherwise there would be hundreds of people showing up with no idea where to sit.

I bought a seated ticket for U2 (the first paperless ticket event in Ireland), and I received a physical ticket.

AFAIK the maiden gig is all paperless seated and standing (you get a slip of paper with ur seat information). Also at u2 last year and was mailed out my seated tickets. It's going to be chaos at the maiden gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

PTH2009 wrote: »
    AFAIK the maiden gig is all paperless seated and standing (you get a slip of paper with ur seat information). Also at u2 last year and was mailed out my seated tickets. It's going to be chaos at the maiden gig

When do you get the slip of paper? At the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

poundhound wrote: »
    ".

Wrong...The U2 seated tickets delivery section allowed you to select post or print at home (ticketfast) no paperless option...hence psychical tix and naturally enough dozens of seated tickets on Get me in etc. Paperless was the only option this time

Muse in the Ulster Hall was ticketless so U2 wasn't the first anyway.

People will highly likely get a receipt printed off with seat details when card is scanned so they sit in their allocated seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So why have you got to wait through autumn, winter and spring for this gig, thats a long old wait.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

When do you get the slip of paper? At the door?

Yes ,they print you a ticket at the door when you swipe your credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Muse in the Ulster Hall was ticketless so U2 wasn't the first anyway.

People will highly likely get a receipt printed off with seat details when card is scanned so they sit in their allocated seat.
    IMG_0853a_zpsjkgvw6nw.jpg

I think the whole ticket less thing is a great idea and will hopefully see the end of sites such as ViaGoGo and Ticketmaster's own reselling site being allocated huge numbers of tickets for events that are sure to sell out.

There's an interesting Dispatches documentary on it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Never been to a ticketless gig before. Could be intriguing! Though it could also be a disaster... :(

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Looks like standing has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Lads I Ulster Bank sent me out a new contactless debit card(didn't request one as my current date is still in date for another year or so). Thing is I booked my maiden tickets on the old card. Will it be alright to show up with the old card even though it is not active anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lads I Ulster Bank sent me out a new contactless debit card(didn't request one as my current date is still in date for another year or so). Thing is I booked my maiden tickets on the old card. Will it be alright to show up with the old card even though it is not active anymore?

Is the debit card number still the same? If so, I'd imagine you're alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

It says to bring along your old card if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Sorry to bring up old thread; is it expected that more standing tickets will be released? Hard to believe they all sold out to be honest :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

xpletiv wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up old thread; is it expected that more standing tickets will be released? Hard to believe they all sold out to be honest :/

More tickets will 100% be released. I find the week of, they always seem to release more once they have the stage size sorted or something. Always a few more standing released.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Some were released last Monday. Probably worth checking the web now and then on the off-chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I got 2 after they had initially sold out so I reckon if you keep checking you might get some

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

Hi folks, quick question..i bought two tkts for the gig but my bank card was lost/stolen and the bank sent me a new one. Is it ok to bring the new one as well as id on the night?
    The system seems awkward if its a prpblem as if it were regular tkts i wouldnt have to carry them around everywhere like a bank card. Also if it was paper tkts ticketmaster would.issue new ones so i presume i will be ok to go to the concert?

Should i contact ticketmaster to get to the gig or will it be ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

varberg wrote: »
    Hi folks, quick question..i bought two tkts for the gig but my bank card was lost/stolen and the bank sent me a new one. Is it ok to bring the new one as well as id on the night?
    The system seems awkward if its a prpblem as if it were regular tkts i wouldnt have to carry them around everywhere like a bank card. Also if it was paper tkts ticketmaster would.issue new ones so i presume i will be ok to go to the concert?

I'd say it would be fine, Card number would be the same apart from expiry and 3 digit number on back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'd say it would be fine, Card number would be the same apart from expiry and 3 digit number on back

Not so in my experience. PTSB customer here. Lost my card last year, when new one arrived it had new number it along with everything else you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

varberg wrote: »

Definitely contact Ticketmaster. Reissued debit cards usually have new numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not so in my experience. PTSB customer here. Lost my card last year, when new one arrived it had new number it along with everything else you said.
    Passenger wrote: »
    Definitely contact Ticketmaster. Reissued debit cards usually have new numbers.

Sorry for the bad info, my AIB Visa Debit was damaged, ordered a new one and number was exact same, apart from expiry/3 digit pin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Same as with ptsb, card was compromised and cancelled.
    Bank issued a new one and had all new numbers inc pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marcmc77

Anyone know if it would be ok to give my brother my tickets with my debit card I used to attend, I can't go now as I have a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

marcmc77 wrote: »
    Anyone know if it would be ok to give my brother my tickets with my debit card I used to attend, I can't go now as I have a wedding.

Should be no problem there I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marcmc77

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

Some standing tickets for Iron Maiden available on Ticketmaster right now.

May help someone looking for them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have just logged into TM and there appears to be no tickets whatsoever for sale.

I bought 4 decent seated tickets and now my friends have pulled out. Never going to buy for others again. What a pain in the ass.

Cannot even stick them on the normal sites as ticketless are not permitted.

WTF?

Advertisement