Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden - Shinedown 3Arena May 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

I have just logged into TM and there appears to be no tickets whatsoever for sale.

I bought 4 decent seated tickets and now my friends have pulled out. Never going to buy for others again. What a pain in the ass.

Did they at least offer to pay you for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Passenger wrote: »
    Did they at least offer to pay you for them?

The usual crap, saving for summer holiday...... no money. Next time it will be cash up front. I intend going myself so will probably shift them to others who can go in with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

The usual crap, saving for summer holiday...... no money. Next time it will be cash up front. I intend going myself so will probably shift them to others who can go in with me.

One reason I wouldn't be buying multiple tickets and then relying on others. Looks like the gig might be officially sold out so I'd say you'll unload them handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Same Pri**s had the cheek to ask me to try and get alice tickets. Some hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sugarman wrote: »
    Have a standing ticket for this myself I bought months back and won't be able to go due to health issues..

Absolute waste.

Anyway at all I could pass this on, card is since cancelled and expired so don't mind giving it away.

I'd take it from ya, and if it worked I'll give ya €50 for it, guess it's trust though, up to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I suspect there will be a lot of this kind of discussion in the next 2 months – people not able to go for genuine reasons, and frustrated at not being able to sell their ticket. That’s the downside of this ticketless system.

This was probably discussed before, but is there any way that I can pick up a ticket – say on the week of the gig, a group of 3 people are due to go, but 1 of them can’t for whatever reason. Holder of tickets advertises on toutless that they have a spare one. And I respond that I’ll go. I presume that is possible. Just turn up on the night, having arranged to meet the ticket-holder. Hand over the money, and just trust that they actually have that spare “ticket”, as there is no physical ticket. I guess there is also the possibility that someone says they have a spare slot, take my money, pretend that we are going in together through the scanners. But when it comes to it, there is no spare slot. They are inside, and I am outside, with no come back, as I have no evidence of wrongdoing.

Maybe I’m thinking about it too much.
    Actually, just went on ticketmaster there for a peek, and I see that tickets for general admission on sale again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

How can they come to that conclusion, when not a single show has fully sold out? Seems tickets are readily available for any concert date ive clicked via their website.

I think it has worked because touts and Ticketmaster's own reselling site are unable to buy up huge numbers of tickets and sell them on at a premium. The fact that tickets are still available and those being sold on are so low is because of the restrictions. I wish every group would take the same approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

How can they come to that conclusion, when not a single show has fully sold out? Seems tickets are readily available for any concert date ive clicked via their website.

Isn't that the point, that all the tickets are going to fans and not officially sanctioned touting b@stards, and are available at face value...?

(having said that, I still want a ticket for my scrapbook!)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to the gig but dreading the entival **** up that will happen with this paperless ticket thing

People forgetting/ bringing the wrong credit card
    People bringing no id (which only the first few people helping in will be asked for)
    Seated ticket holders losing the docket with there seat section and number on it
    General idiotic drunk gig goer behaviour

I'll prob head to the entrance gates early enough

Maidens set will be a heavy book of souls one with a few classics mixed in. Only know a few shinedown songs but they sound good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    People forgetting/ bringing the wrong credit card People bringing no id (which only the first few people helping in will be asked for) Seated ticket holders losing the docket with there seat section and number on it General idiotic drunk gig goer behaviour

There will have to be some sort of flexibility with these rules or half the crowd will be stuck outside. I done a box office collection for Sabbath, did not have card ticket was purchased with, they were a little reluctant to give out ticket, but with Id, email confirmation and a signature, job done. But in saying that, this system could be a disaster.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    There will have to be some sort of flexibility with these rules or half the crowd will be stuck outside. I done a box office collection for Sabbath, did not have card ticket was purchased with, they were a little reluctant to give out ticket, but with Id, email confirmation and a signature, job done. But in saying that, this system could be a disaster.

They could do with opening the doors at around 5/5.30 on the night, ticketmaster say doors open at 6.30. Shinedown will prob be on about 7pm and then maiden just after 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

managed to get 2 standing earlier in case anyone is still looking for tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

None on Ticketmaster, will have to wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DenisOD

Anyone know of more tickets being released? Reluctant to buy on done deal due to this paperless ticket and credit card deal to get in.
    Does anyone know if ticket transfer is available? Says on the ticketmaster site that you can transfer tickets between accounts.

http://help.ticketmaster.com/how-do-i-transfer-tickets/

Anyone hear of any tickets let us know cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

DenisOD wrote: »
    Anyone know of more tickets being released? Reluctant to buy on done deal due to this paperless ticket and credit card deal to get in.
    Does anyone know if ticket transfer is available? Says on the ticketmaster site that you can transfer tickets between accounts.

http://help.ticketmaster.com/how-do-i-transfer-tickets/

Anyone hear of any tickets let us know cheers

Same as that. This ticketless system while well intentioned is going to create lots of problems in acquiring tickets. Am I right in saying that the only sure way to gain entry is to walk into the venue with the ticket holder and once inside then hand over payment??
    I am looking for 2 seated tickets (bringing my 11 year old) if anybody knows of any such tickets available it would be hugely appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DenisOD

Keep looking at message boards and asking anyone who has been let down by others if you can take a place. Unfortunately this is the fall out from this type of ticketing system...I see needaticket.ie are selling tickets way over the odds..my assumption was that you have to enter with the original ticket purchaser if you didn't buy the tickets yourself
    Layne wrote: »
    Same as that. This ticketless system while well intentioned is going to create lots of problems in acquiring tickets. Am I right in saying that the only sure way to gain entry is to walk into the venue with the ticket holder and once inside then hand over payment??
    I am looking for 2 seated tickets (bringing my 11 year old) if anybody knows of any such tickets available it would be hugely appreciated.

DenisOD wrote: »
    Keep looking at message boards and asking anyone who has been let down by others if you can take a place. Unfortunately this is the fall out from this type of ticketing system...I see needaticket.ie are selling tickets way over the odds..my assumption was that you have to enter with the original ticket purchaser if you didn't buy the tickets yourself

Im going to head over to 3 Arena at bout 7.30 on the night. Out of 13,000 people, there's bound to be a certain percentage that will have taken ill and cant go, or just have something else on that they can't make it. The main ticket holder will then be looking to offload spare ticket. Might not be a great chance of getting a ticket, but if you're not in, you can't win.
    It's a bit messy - I've heard of someone (friend of a friend of a friend i.e. probably some made up story) who turned up a paperless gig - hoping to get one outside. He got a seller, and handed over the money - seller had shown receipt for 2 tickets, and he was on his own. Seller had to show his credit card at the door in, so my guy had to be with him. When they got to the door, sellers buddy joins him in the queue, and heads off inside with him. My guy was left outside. Didn't matter how much he protested, doormen had no interest. Anyway, don't know how much of that is true or not. But if I do get someone selling tickets, I'll wait inside before paying them. Of course, that will depend on a seller trusting that I would pay. Tricky situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It's a bit messy - I've heard of someone (friend of a friend of a friend i.e. probably some made up story) who turned up a paperless gig - hoping to get one outside. He got a seller, and handed over the money - seller had shown receipt for 2 tickets, and he was on his own. Seller had to show his credit card at the door in, so my guy had to be with him. When they got to the door, sellers buddy joins him in the queue, and heads off inside with him. My guy was left outside. Didn't matter how much he protested, doormen had no interest. Anyway, don't know how much of that is true or not. But if I do get someone selling tickets, I'll wait inside before paying them. Of course, that will depend on a seller trusting that I would pay. Tricky situation.

It's very far fetched, a lot of risk involved for what? beer money for the night?

Your plan would seem odd to me if I was a genuine seller you'd in exchange for money would be getting the card with both tickets on and you can return it when both in or you could even handcuff yerself to me if you wish but you wouldn't be getting in without paying first; failing that would just find someone more trusting although IMO that would likely be having made prior contact online in the first place instead of waiting till last min to try sell outside the arena.

Ya, I'm pretty sure if I got a sniff of a ticket, on the night I'd just ride my luck that it's genuine and hand over the cash straight away.

On the gig issue, I wonder is there any chance that they play Empire of the clouds? Or will it be the same setlist as 2016. They are not known for a fluctuating setlist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ya, I'm pretty sure if I got a sniff of a ticket, on the night I'd just ride my luck that it's genuine and hand over the cash straight away.

On the gig issue, I wonder is there any chance that they play Empire of the clouds? Or will it be the same setlist as 2016. They are not known for a fluctuating setlist.

I reckon they'll change one or two songs from 2016 but no chance of EotC.

Setlist will be known April 22nd when they play first show of what is second Euro leg of BoS tour. Usually there is changes alright possibly 2-4 but setlist you can bank on will be exact same as that show. Empire of the Clouds would be excellent but unlikely.

The albums been out long enough for people to get acquainted but probably be whingers going to "Book of Souls tour" flabbergasted at why they decided to play a rake of songs off it :pac:

I wonder will Shinedown be any good ???

Going to go in for them

I like 'I dare you' and there cover of Simple Man but dont think they will do the former

Shinedown be going in for them alright, seen them supporting and at festivals previously. Well known and certainly disparaging that the singer can tend to mime some of the songs however.

Those two songs the cover is more likely tbh, Sound of Madness,Cut the Cord and Diamond Eyes would be certs I'd suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marliez

***sold***

too wet the appetite a bit for the 6th May but in fairness replace the word 'Waken' with 'Dublin' and we will get the exact same show word by word (including Bruce talking bits)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

PTH2009 wrote: »

too wet the appetite a bit for the 6th May but in fairness replace the word 'Waken' with 'Dublin' and we will get the exact same show word by word (including Bruce talking bits)

Except the trooper, it will just be one song less in the set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Why do you think the trooper wont be played?

poundhound wrote: »
    Why do you think the trooper wont be played?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trooper

Its explained here, pity as I quite like that song

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trooper

Its explained here, pity as I quite like that song

Didn't stop them playing it in '05 at the RDS (although it was without the flag) and had it been on the overall tour set list in 2006 or 2010 I'm sure it would have been played then too.

Maiden aren't the kind of band who are going to get dictated to by a few ignorant idiots booing and it won't stop them from playing any song and changing their set list for one night.

We'll find out on the 22nd what the set list is for this tour (I expect 1-2 changes max from the last leg) but if the Trooper is included, you can be guaranteed that we'll get it in Dublin too.

Advertisement