Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden - Shinedown 3Arena May 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Are they doing the 1983 Piece of Mind tour, I seen them that year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Didn't stop them playing it in '05 at the RDS (although it was without the flag) and had it been on the overall tour set list in 2006 or 2010 I'm sure it would have been played then too.

Maiden aren't the kind of band who are going to get dictated to by a few ignorant idiots booing and it won't stop them from playing any song and changing their set list for one night.

We'll find out on the 22nd what the set list is for this tour (I expect 1-2 changes max from the last leg) but if the Trooper is included, you can be guaranteed that we'll get it in Dublin too.

I have seen em a few times, after that RDS gig they don't play it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

As I recall they didn't perform The Trooper at the 02 2010 gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Passenger wrote: »
    As I recall they didn't perform The Trooper at the 02 2010 gig.

It wasn't on the set list on that leg of the tour. That's why they didn't play it. Not because it was Dublin.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I have seen em a few times, after that RDS gig they don't play it anymore

They played it at every gig on the first leg of this tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

They played it at every gig on the first leg of this tour.

In Ireland? They will not play it in Ireland

EyesClosed wrote: »
    In Ireland? They will not play it in Ireland

We don't know that. To date, every time it has been on the tour set list it has been played in Ireland. The only times it wasn't played here was when it wasn't on the set list for the whole tour anyway.

Which brings me back to my original point a few posts ago. If it is on the set list in Oslo, I'd be fairly confident we'll get it here too.

I always cringe when the morons boo it anyway. It's about the Crimea War for God's sake from the point of view of one of the soldiers and Bruce is 'playing the part' of a soldier when waving the flag. It's not triumpalist in any way.

If fans in Germany can enjoy Churchill's speech and Ace's High, Tailgunner etc. I don't see why fans here have an issue with the this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Would it not be an option to just play Trooper and maybe calm a little bit on the flag waiving, like I wouldn't give a ****e either way but could just as easily thump out the song without the flag.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Would it not be an option to just play Trooper and maybe calm a little bit on the flag waiving, like I wouldn't give a ****e either way but could just as easily thump out the song without the flag.

That's what he did at the RDS (although he did mimick the waving of it)

Too long ago now so I can't remember was there a flag brought on stage in '90 or '93. In '96 at the SFX they had a b&w backdrop of the flag during it and I don't remember there been any booing or issues with that. Although that might have been because there were only hardcore fans there as the place was only about half full.

• Advertisement

In '96 at the SFX they had a b&w backdrop of the flag during it and I don't remember there been any booing or issues with that. Although that might have been because there were only hardcore fans there as the place was only about half full.

That was with Blaze wasn't it?

That was with Blaze wasn't it?

Yeah. Good gig if I remember correctly. I think I'm one of the few who don't mind the X Factor. Virtual XI is rubbish though.

Yeah. Good gig if I remember correctly.

Blaze didn't usually do the whole flag waving during The Trooper though, did he?
    I think I'm one of the few who don't mind the X Factor. Virtual XI is rubbish though.

Quite enjoy Virtual XI tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'd be surprised if there wasn't 2-3 changes tbh, I saw them last summer so want that to occur naturally enough as well as they always seem to on the second leg have changes would be unusual, can see The Trooper potentially being one of the songs to make way tbh with Children of the Damned perhaps.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't 2-3 changes tbh, I saw them last summer so want that to occur naturally enough as well as they always seem to on the second leg have changes would be unusual, can see The Trooper potentially being one of the songs to make way tbh with Children of the Damned perhaps.

Yeah, they'll change a couple alright. Hope it's not COTD though. I'd love to hear that.

Blaze didn't usually do the whole flag waving during The Trooper though, did he?

No, don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I remember Bruce addressing the whole flag waving thing at the RDS in 2005. He stated there had been threats made and the band were warned it would be in their best interests not to bring it out.
    Bruce stated the flag waving was solely a performance gimmick and there was nothing political in it. He did say that the threats were taken seriously enough that they wouldn't bring the flag out during that show.
    However he went on to say that as he had clarified it was not political, the flag waving would be part of every future show in Ireland (provided the the Trooper was in the setlist).

Got me thinking that it might be beneficial to make threats, if Jannick continues to swing the guitar over his head and insist on playing with his leg at a 90 degree angle on the speaker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Layne wrote: »
    Same as that. This ticketless system while well intentioned is going to create lots of problems in acquiring tickets. Am I right in saying that the only sure way to gain entry is to walk into the venue with the ticket holder and once inside then hand over payment??
    I am looking for 2 seated tickets (bringing my 11 year old) if anybody knows of any such tickets available it would be hugely appreciated.
    P.m. sent...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just gonna put it out there that I am very much also looking for 2 tickets seating, standing, all good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Im looking for 2 standing still as well. Checking ticketmaster nearly every day too hoping for some release...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

xpletiv wrote: »
    Im looking for 2 standing still as well. Checking ticketmaster nearly every day too hoping for some release...

To be honest.. you won't get any from ticketmaster.. all production hold ones are gone.. it went on sale for extra tickets twice already.. the best option is to find someone with a spare and head in with them on the night of the gig.. it is literally completely sold out.. im not being smart but i don't understand why people wait so long to decide to buy a ticket.. when it's sold out peoples decision making quickly changes to oh i want to go now.. everybody lingers on the assumption that it won't sell out.. but maiden have being growing more popular here in recent years from 2003 onwards, 8,500 in 2003, 25,000 in 2005, 8,500 in 2007, 14,100 in 2010 and now 14,500 in 2017. A few guys i know might not be attending so i will keep it posted here for you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Just to let people know that if you have changed your credit/debit card since you purchased the tickets you need to ring Ticketmaster and update your card details to ensure entry. I did this last week and it is straightforward but it is a pricey 0818 number so you might want to ring from work or something. You will need booking ref and last 4 digits of the card you booked with.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

I'm looking for ONE ticket, seated or standing don't care as long as I get to see Maiden live... never saw them live :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

What's the story with tickets? Got mine booked but it says paperless ticket
    Ehat done bring

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Exactly as it says, it's a paperless ticket gig, expect mayhem on the day at the venue. You require photo Id, confirmation email and the card in which you purchased the ticket with in order to gain access. Enjoy

Edit: oh and I think your name must exist on all items mentioned above, particularly the card!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Exactly as it says, it's a paperless ticket gig, expect mayhem on the day at the venue. You require photo Id, confirmation email and the card in which you purchased the ticket with in order to gain access. Enjoy

Edit: oh and I think your name must exist on all items mentioned above, particularly the card!

Can see only the first few people going in to be asked for ID and when the crowds start to gather they will accept credit cards without Id too try and get through the que faster

It's going to chaotic on the night with a few forgetting ids/cards, drunks having no idea what's going on and people losing there seating receipts inside the venue

Tour starts again tonight

Here's the intro for this leg of the tour. Obviously don't click if you don't want to see it before the gig.

A couple of changes to the set from last year (not good ones in my opinion as
    Wrathchild
    is one of the few Maiden songs I don't like).

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2017/sportpaleis-antwerp-belgium-33e63031.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya those aren't the greatest changes still a solid set though, Dropping
    Hallowed
    for
    Wrathchild
    is bleedin' sacrilege!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

sugarman wrote: »
    Been trying to get a refund for my ticket for weeks, not able to go on health grounds, still havent heard anything back from maidens customer care.

That's poor form by them.
    If they are implementing the paperless system ,the least they could do is have some platform where you can resell your ticket for face value .
    You require photo Id, confirmation email and the card in which you purchased the ticket with in order to gain access. Enjoy

No ID will be required ,they never ask for that at paperless gigs at the 3arena,well they didnt at the U2 ones .
    It was just swipe the card and in you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ya those aren't the greatest changes still a solid set though, Dropping
    Hallowed
    for
    Wrathchild
    is bleedin' sacrilege!

Bruce had been struggling with it during the first leg, it looks like it is too much of a strain for him, that said the other new inclusion might not last long either for the same reason.

Advertisement