Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden - Shinedown 3Arena May 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

just got an event alert txt

Iron Maiden /Entrance 3/ Arrive early/ Enter as a group,bring payment card or updated card for entry.

No mention of needing the confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Might be a silly question but would an Age Card be ok to bring as a form of ID for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

tonights the night

hopefully the ticketless system runs swiftly (once i get in early i dont care how it goes lol)

looking forward to both Shinedown and Maiden. Was only in the 3arena last nigt for WWE live so this may be the only time in my life ill be the 3arena 2 days in a row. Watching the Flight 666 concert now until my train to dublin at 14.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Long shot but if anybody has 2 available let me know thanks.

Hoping too get the trooper tonight, They don't have too raise a flag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Really looking forward to seeing the boys tonight as have never seen them live. Hope there's no screw ups with the ticketing system.

Does anyone know did Bruce Dickinson fly the 747 with the Eddie livery into Dublin airport on this tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Really looking forward to seeing the boys tonight as have never seen them live. Hope there's no screw ups with the ticketing system.

Does anyone know did Bruce Dickinson fly the 747 with the Eddie livery into Dublin airport on this tour?

They are on to their third 747 now, with a new livery.

Very long lines too get in already

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would be funny if they cancelled at the last minute. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Would be funny if they cancelled at the last minute. :D

Refunds wud be easy to process anyway lol. Doors have opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Any tickets to be got over there. Going to head over in an hour to see if I can accompany somebody inside.

Inside now

Only asking for card and you get a slip of your ticket section

Chaos down here getting in, thousands still outside. Punters scouring the queue asking will anyone bring them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Queued for literally 2 minutes for general admission / standing.

Massive queues outside for seated.

Chaos down here getting in, thousands still outside. Punters scouring the queue asking will anyone bring them in.

People Still queing ??

Shinedown were really good annoyed they didn't do Simple man but what can ya do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Got in the queue for entrance 2 at about 7:10 and was in by 8. Caught the end of Shinedown who aren't my cup of tea so not too disappointed having missed them.

Great atmosphere around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

A guy fell from the seating area tonight and missed the mixing desk by a couple of feet. He was in a bad way. A lot of blood. Hope he's ok.

Dargull wrote: »
    A guy fell from the seating area tonight and missed the mixing desk by a couple of feet. He was in a bad way. A lot of blood. Hope he's ok.

Was in block b and didn't see it, terrible though and hope the guy is ok. Saw a bald guy walking around in a state though

Very good gig, glad we got the trooper but why didn't bruce wave a tri colour instead ah it's irrelevant. Everyone thought we were getting an extra song in the encore. Shinedown were very good

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

I was sitting in E and saw the guy run down the stairs and jump it was horrible, couldn't believe what I'd seen. Very distressing, couple in front of us left after seeing it.

Hope he didn't land on anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

Anyone else get sent the wrong entrance number by those pissheads at ticketmaster? Missed most of Shinedown from queuing in the wrong line but aside from that what a night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

I was sitting in E and saw the guy run down the stairs and jump it was horrible, couldn't believe what I'd seen. Very distressing, couple in front of us left after seeing it.

If this is the case did he think the canopy above the mixing desk was gonna support him?
    He didn't land on anybody but barely missed the desk which probably would've ended the gig if he landed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Yeah, saw that too. We were sitting in section L and just caught me running down the steps out of the corner of my eye. Security didn't know what to do.

Apparently he didn't land on anybody but just missed the mixing desk!! That would have been an abrupt end to the gig.

Hope he is okay, must have done serious damage from that height.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭prunudo

I was wondering why the canopy was lobsided when I looked up half way through the gig. Hope he isn't too badly injured.
    First time seeing Maiden and was happy with mix of songs considering it was the book of souls tour.
    Shinedown weren't bad and got the crowd going in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Dargull wrote: »
    If this is the case did he think the canopy above the mixing desk was gonna support him?
    He didn't land on anybody but barely missed the desk which probably would've ended the gig if he landed on it.

I have no idea what he was thinking but he didn't look first or anything, just ran down the stairs and put one foot on the railing and stepped over.

Glad to hear nobody else was hurt, at least.

Enjoyed the gig otherwise, I actually think the ticket thing where you just turn up with your credit card could work, if better implemented than tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Great gig. Really enjoyed it. No problems with getting in. 3-5min in a Q for standing.
    That is the good side.

The bad one: worst hot-dogs ever €5 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Well, that was a bloody great gig!

Got to the entrance for standing entry at 7.30 and it took about two minutes to get in. I'd still prefer to have a ticket, mind you, but the system worked, at least for standing where they didn't have to assign you a location.

I'd been told Shinedown were good and sure enough, they were worth getting in early for (although I might have missed the first song or two) and I will be giving their albums a listen after a pretty impressive opening set.

Maiden delivered, as always, AND we got The Trooper (with no, as far as I could hear, adverse reaction from the knuckle-draggers that were in evidence the last time it was played at the Point), which was great. You can argue about the flag waving all you want (and in my opinion, waving an Irish flag woould be nonsensical, given the song's subject matter), and in fairness, it did seem toned down to me, but the knuckle draggers shouldn't be able to spoil it for eveyone, even if that's what usually happens. Anyway, I think we have a strong contender for gig of the year already....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anyone got the full setlist? Oh and ticketless gig my arse

Great gig Bruce Dickinson what a voice, the best live vocal I've ever heard.

Once inside crowd really friendly and behaved - but €7.50 for a quarter bottle of wine?? Used to be €6 afaik

Was in Block P didn't see/hear anything regarding the guy who jumped - here's hoping he's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very good gig, glad we got the trooper but why didn't bruce wave a tri colour instead ah it's irrelevant.

Song is about the charge of the light brigade nothing to do with Ireland, A tri colour instead to me would be nob rubbery really IMO.
    Anyone got the full setlist? Oh and ticketless gig my arse

Yup...http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2017/3arena-dublin-ireland-73e64e91.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman

Oh and ticketless gig my arse

Agreed.

After my original debit card was stolen, I got a replacement card which I promptly added to my order by calling Ticketmaster more than a week in advance. It even appeared on my order receipt. However, it turned out to be pointless because the card was rejected by the card scanner at the entrance and I was asked to go to the box office where I was eventually given paper tickets. So, had to wait in two separate queues thanks to Ticketmaster customer service not telling me how it works upfront.

Once we were past this annoyance though, it was a great experience starting with the opening act!

Ah, good job with the edit! I added whatever I remembered as soon as I got back home last night but I suck at remembering song order. :D

Advertisement