Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden - Shinedown 3Arena May 6th

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

I have no idea what he was thinking but he didn't look first or anything, just ran down the stairs and put one foot on the railing and stepped over.

Was this some sort of attempt to get into the standing area below...? We were standing front and centre of the stage and witnessed a guy getting punched in the face , I think he was just bouncing around and bumped into somebody... a bit shocking I have been at gigs since the late 70's and have rarely seen this sort of behaviour at metal gigs....people tended to look after one another at gigs (Moshing etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

great show, though i would have loved to hear hallowed…didn’t see the guy who fell/jumped off the balcony, hope he’s ok, though he is a complete moron, could have killed somebody else…drugs would be my guess…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

laros wrote: »
    Was this some sort of attempt to get into the standing area below...? We were standing front and centre of the stage and witnessed a guy getting punched in the face , I think he was just bouncing around and bumped into somebody... a bit shocking I have been at gigs since the late 70's and have rarely seen this sort of behaviour at metal gigs....people tended to look after one another at gigs (Moshing etc)

I was fairly close to what I think was the same incident (happened just to the right of where I was standing). I didn't see anyone get punched in the face, more of a general but obviously reasonably serious barney. I've been going to metal gigs for a long time and have rarely if ever seen incidents like that. It's disappointing as overall I thought the crowd were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Highlight for me was the instrumental section of 'The Red and the Black'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

zepman wrote: »
    Agreed.

After my original debit card was stolen, I got a replacement card which I promptly added to my order by calling Ticketmaster more than a week in advance. It even appeared on my order receipt. However, it turned out to be pointless because the card was rejected by the card scanner at the entrance and I was asked to go to the box office where I was eventually given paper tickets. So, had to wait in two separate queues thanks to Ticketmaster customer service not telling me how it works upfront.

Once we were past this annoyance though, it was a great experience starting with the opening act!

Ah, good job with the edit! I added whatever I remembered as soon as I got back home last night but I suck at remembering song order. :D

Had to go to two separate queues too for the same reason. Totally disjointed service!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Had to go to two separate queues too for the same reason. Totally disjointed service!!

We queued for 40 mins or so to get into entrance 2 and the bloke in front of us obviously did the same but was told he was at the wrong one so had to go off and queue again. He was saying and showing some paper that said he had to queue at entrance 2 but yer man on the door was having none of it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I was standing near the sound desk and didn't hear or see anything about someone taking a jump.

Setlist was a bit underwhelming, but it was a good show, it would have been brilliant with a few changes (Hallowed, Revelations, Aces High, The Wicker Man, Two Minutes to Midnight)

The Red and the Black just dragged on, that bit where the audience sang along was good but that song is 5 minutes too long, If Eternity Should Fail and Book Of Souls were enjoyable though.

Bruce was fantastic, running around like someone half his age, he's made from the same mould as Angus Young, his voice was excellent too.

Some tool nearly knocking me over when charging through with drinks and having to throw a good bottle of water in the bin on the way in and the bastards charging 3 Euro for a 500 ml bottle of water (didn't bother, f*ck that) were two mildly irritating things that happened to me, but still it was a good night, hope they come back again with a dramatically different setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭iamthestig

It was called the "Book of Souls Tour". They were going to mainly play the new material. Maiden always do that. Hallowed is perhaps overplayed.
    I was standing near the sound desk and didn't hear or see anything about someone taking a jump.

Setlist was a bit underwhelming, but it was a good show, it would have been brilliant with a few changes (Hallowed, Revelations, Aces High, The Wicker Man, Two Minutes to Midnight)

The Red and the Black just dragged on, that bit where the audience sang along was good but that song is 5 minutes too long, If Eternity Should Fail and Book Of Souls were enjoyable though.

Bruce was fantastic, running around like someone half his age, he's made from the same mould as Angus Young, his voice was excellent too.

Some tool nearly knocking me over when charging through with drinks and having to throw a good bottle of water in the bin on the way in and the bastards charging 3 Euro for a 500 ml bottle of water (didn't bother, f*ck that) were two mildly irritating things that happened to me, but still it was a good night, hope they come back again with a dramatically different setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hallowed will not be played again till the lawsuit is sorted, Bruce was struggling with anyway on last years leg, just like on the song that replaced it The Great Unknown.

Thought the show was fantastic last night, the band were in great form except for Adrian having a few issues and the crowd were in great voice as well, no issues with the paperless system either, really surprised by The Red and the Black as I thought it would drag to much but it goes up another level live.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Anyone got the full setlist? Oh and ticketless gig my arse

If Eternity Should Fail
    Speed Of Light
    Wrathchild
    Children Of The Damned
    Death Or Glory
    The Red And The Black
    The Trooper
    Powerslave
    The Great Unknown
    The Book Of Souls
    Fear Of The Dark
    Iron Maiden
    The Number Of The Beast
    Blood Brothers
    Wasted Years

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Fantastic gig....loved every minute of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

For me "Red and the Black" was the highlight.
    I have zero sympathy for someone who jumps off a balcony. It happened the last time Pearl Jam played here, some clown trying to access the standing area via route one.
    Maiden don't cut any corners with their live shows, they always deliver.
    It's incredible to think of the sheer amount of classics they could have played but omitted, run to the hills, flight of Icarus, aces high, can I play with madness etc.
    Bona fide legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

zepman wrote: »
    Ah, good job with the edit! I added whatever I remembered as soon as I got back home last night but I suck at remembering song order. :D

A good way to be sure, of the song order, for Iron Maiden gigs, is to check the previous concerts on the same tour that Iron Maiden have done, because they seem to do the exact same setlist every night, on particular tours, and in the same order.

When they played Belfast in August 2011, they did not play The Trooper, I guess because of possible issues with the flag waving issue, and they didn't replace it with another song. They played one less song in Belfast, than other concerts on that tour.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2011/odyssey-arena-belfast-northern-ireland-2bd0948a.html
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2011/national-indoor-arena-birmingham-england-53d09f51.html
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2011/the-o2-arena-london-england-23d0907f.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Up the Irons!! Was quite pleased with this shot, I must admit....

irondublin01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/57b80d55e8d2f64e5bf1600fce24074220170513092421/a3f371

excellent quality bootleg of the dublin gig, recorded by a guy on Metalireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They are releasing a live package November 17th of the Book of Souls tour.

A track from the Dublin gig made the cut twud be Wrathchild :D tracklist is the same as that whole show so the 2 or 3 diff songs they played on the first leg of said tour don't appear (Tears of a clown,Hallowed btn)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://wetransfer.com/downloads/57b80d55e8d2f64e5bf1600fce24074220170513092421/a3f371

excellent quality bootleg of the dublin gig, recorded by a guy on Metalireland

Thanks - since deleted though it seems :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this gig still ongoing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement