Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels & communion lunch suggestions

Options
  • 23-09-2016 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    Any suggestions for a hotel for a family communion lunch next year?

Went to Carlton Hotel, Kinsale (aka McDonalds) last year, they'd bouncy castle, face painting. Kids had a great time. Very reasonable too.

Wouldn't mind somewhere different next time though ...
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I recommended the Lee Valley last year to a friend, purely based on the food and he was absolutely delighted with it. The mother got a box of chocolates, the father got to bring the kids for a spin round the golf course in a buggy and they got given a voucher for a free round of golf.
    The food which is the main reason for going is beautiful and extremely good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,441 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The Viaduct is absolutely gorgeous and is very popular for communions, confirmations, graduations, etc.

The food is to die for and they also have a very impressive dessert selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

we have the odd lunch and scoop in the Viaduct, couldn't fault it, she'd prefer something different
    Interesting re the Lee Valley... lovely part of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

we have the odd lunch and scoop in the Viaduct, couldn't fault it, she'd prefer something different
    Interesting re the Lee Valley... lovely part of the world

During the winter they do 2 for 1 mains offers for dinner Monday to Thursday. Savage value.
    I've been a good few times and I've yet to have a bad meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I've heard from a few people that Vienna Woods is great for communions,they put on activities for the children ,have ice-cream machine etc.The food is meant to be lovely also,I haven't been there myself but heard it discussed by a few people in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

We recently went down to the Blackrock Inn and i must say the food and staff there are loverly really really nice.. A little gem being missed out on id say.

Bunnies down Myrtleville might be worth a shot..

Advertisement