Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linear Single player games

Options
  • 23-09-2016 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Would anybody be able to suggest some good, fairly linear single player games for the xbox? I loved the Arkham series and am patiently awaiting Gears of War 4. But I am currently playing fallout 4 and even though I'm enjoying it, I just find it huge and hard to imagine ever finishing it, I was the same with GTA 5.

So are there any games already on xbox one that I should pick up or coming out soon that I should look out for?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Would anybody be able to suggest some good, fairly linear single player games for the xbox? I loved the Arkham series and am patiently awaiting Gears of War 4. But I am currently playing fallout 4 and even though I'm enjoying it, I just find it huge and hard to imagine ever finishing it, I was the same with GTA 5.

So are there any games already on xbox one that I should pick up or coming out soon that I should look out for?

Wolfenstein and Doom are two that jump to mind immediately. Both of the Tomb Raiders would suit you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Bioshock Collection has just released - HD Remasters of these three great single player games. The environment and story is so captivating and well drawn out.
    Bioshock 2 was marmite - you either love it or hate it, but I really liked it ... BioShock 2, that is ... Marmite is still muck :)

Quantum Break is decent (7/8 out of 10 game)

Slightly leftfield maybe, but I am loving Mafia 2 on 360.

I didn't expect to like it, and was prepared for a sub-GTA clone. But it has a great, structured story, without the flab and endless side-quests that characterise other games in the genre. Fantastic graphics and general 'vibe'

If you are on Xbox One, maybe look at the forthcoming Mafia 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm still on the 360 but like yourself I'm not a fan of a huge open-ended games. I like there to be a bit of openness but not loads, and some of my faves are Mass Effect and Star Wars KOTOR (yes it's an original XBox game but it's SO good!)

• I'd consider these all linear campaigns and all excellent

Binary Domain - Underrated 3rd person Shooter
    The Orange Box - FPS / Puzzle
    Portal 2 - Puzzle
    Bulletstorm - Underrated FPS
    Vanquish - Underrated 3rd person Shooter
    Shadow Complex - Metroidvania
    Singlularity - Underrated FPS
    Codemned 1 & 2 - Horror / FPS / Action
    Max Payne 3 - 3rd person Shooter
    Dead Space 1 & 2- 3rd Person Horror / Action
    The Darkness 1 & 2 - Underrated FPS
    Metro 2033 / Last Light - Horror / FPS / Action
    Alan Wake - 3rd Person Thriller / Action
    Bayonetta - 3rd person Brawler
    Bioshock 1 & 2 - FPS / Horror

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dead Space for the win. Its not on rails, but you never get lost or lose track of your next objective because of the great waypoint system.

Advertisement