Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chafer bugs - recommend product?

Options
  • 23-09-2016 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Hi, over the past couple of weeks I've noticed a circular patch of my garden is getting badly thorn up. Turns out it's birds doing the damage to get at chafer larva (seen the adults in may/june ish on my house and larva recently when weeding) Is there a specific brand of product someone can recommend to treat the grubs? I see nematodes being mentioned online and here but never bought them before so I'm not familiar if one brand or place online to purchase is better than another or if it makes any difference. Also is this the right time to use it? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

So just a quick update on my query. Took ages to get a price back from my local garden centre on this as they said their supplier has to make it up but they are charging €70 per 100m2 coverage of nematodes. This seems to be about twice the price as the UK online for same coverage and probably would have been quicker to order from there seeing how long this is taking.

Will probably need to cover the entire garden next year rather than just the problem spots but I'll be pricing around further afield next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

So almost a year on, the crows / starlings are back this week attacking the exact same area I covered last year with nematodes. I'll to assume it's the chafer bugs again they are after. Perhaps I was too late applying it last year to have an effect. :(

Advertisement